Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #21
290RLT with 06 Ram Diesel

Thumbs up Great job on 2nd A/C

Wow! My hat is off to you mblanks2! The whole install looks great, impressed with the outside 20amp receptacle too. That is just what I had in mind. Did you have any problems with running the wiring through the ceiling and the walls? How did you snake them through there?
Again......great!, and many thanks for posting the details and the pictures......all of us "tinkerers" really appreciate them. We owe you a beer

Is the 13,500 the smallest unit available now for this 2nd A/C install? I heard there used to be some 900 and 1000 btu's out there.
AeroScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #22

Thanks! (pplmotorhomes) is where I purchased my unit. Different sizes and brands available. Good prices.
The wire was a little trouble, but not terrible. I ran it through my pantry and into the ceiling. Had to drill on an angle towards the duct work. With the styrofoam insulation all I had to do at that point was to force the wire into the duct chase and then fish it down to where the unit would be mounted. With a second fish I was able to reach in from the opening and grab the wire. The same applied to the low voltage wiring. Just did a little fancy fishing.
mblanks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #23
290RLT with 06 Ram Diesel

Thanks again

Hey,
Thanks again for more info.........I will look into the options at pplmotorhomes.
AeroScout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
290rlt