Old 03-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #11

shurack24 - Forest River does offer the second year warranty for the Gazelle, cost is $150.00.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #12

Anyone know who I'm supposed to contact and their number. I've been trying for the past two days. First it was "you need this person" then that person. I've left two messages with a person named Diane Cursner (not sure of the spelling of the last name) at 574-262-2212. No replies, I've got a Prime Time Crusader 290RLT last 8 of the vin BB110161. Any Help?

Old 03-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Extended Warranty

Hi, 62:

I'm not sure who Diane is or where that number connects - sorry.

I'm guessing you're trying to reach Prime Time since you have a Crusader. Our contact information can be found at Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels under the CONTACT US tab. If you have a service issue, send us an email on the form provided there.

Unfortunately, Prime Time does not offer the optional 2nd year warranty.

PTM
Old 03-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #14

After reading this thread I am glad that I chose not to send in my money to Forest River . My dealer told me I could get the second year. Even filled out the app for me. After reading the parts list that is actually covered by the Forest River 2nd year warranty, I decided against it. If you look at the list, the things that are covered are either already covered by the manufacturer (i.e. frig, ac, ...etc.) or are items with very low probably of breaking. Things that may need fixed are not covered by the FR year 2 warranty. My advice to Prime Time is consdier doing it the right way. It was almost a deciding factor for me. I almost went with a Jayco, KZ or Crossroads because of the real 2 year warranty. I believe Prime Time is superior in many ways but this is where they are behind the competition. I know it was a deciding factor for others.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by padave65 View Post
I almost went with a Jayco, KZ or Crossroads because of the real 2 year warranty.
Do you have examples of how they (the manufacturer warranties) differ between companies?
Thanks

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
share with me what you think a 2nd year warranty is worth?

PTM
What value do you place on the piece of mind that a two year warranty provides, not to mention the additional sales generated when you match the warranty offered by other FR divisions and other RV manufactures.

Dealer feedback??? They want to sale their own extended warranty...a little conflict of interest.

Seems like a 'no brainer' to me.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #17
Moderators' Assistant

when i got my 2nd year FR warranty, there was no "parts list". it was the same as the 1st year, tongue to bumper. no difference in what was covered.
unless something has changed since i bought mine.

i had warranty issues well into the second year and everything was fixed, just like stuff in the first year. in fact, i had new seals put in the front of the hybrid, during the second year of the warranty.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #18

2year warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
Do you have examples of how they (the manufacturer warranties) differ between companies?
Thanks
KZ, Jayco, and Crossroads all offer 2 year bumper to bumper. Keystone, Primetime, Dutchmen, Coleman etc... offer 1 year bumper to bumper. Other forest river products offer a 2nd year warranty for 150 dollars but is not bumper to bumper. When I bought my Roo on 05, it was bumper to bumper for 100. FR increased the price and decreased the coverage.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
when i got my 2nd year FR warranty, there was no "parts list". it was the same as the 1st year, tongue to bumper. no difference in what was covered.
unless something has changed since i bought mine.

i had warranty issues well into the second year and everything was fixed, just like stuff in the first year. in fact, i had new seals put in the front of the hybrid, during the second year of the warranty.
Me too...things have apparently changed.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks padave65. Your comments are important because this 2nd year warranty is widely considered to be a good value for owners. Maybe that's changed.

This was the parts list on the form that was posted here a few weeks ago.
In your post, you say that there are "Things that may need fixed are not covered by the FR year 2 warranty."

I guess what I am asking you is what specific items should have been included that were not?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf warranty_addon.pdf (843.7 KB, 217 views)

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote