Old 03-11-2015, 11:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
Sorry to hear about your issues - I think most us have some level of fear in the back of our minds when buying a new RV - worrying about un-seen issues with such a huge investment.

But both of the above suggestions were what I was thinking when I read your assessment. Generally, the factory seems to want to have you work with the dealer first, which you did. The issues were not resolved, so finding the warranty rep contact info and calling that person would be a good next step.

I think if you just repeated exactly what you posted, they may try to help make it right even out of warranty. And if you have any paper trail that the dealer looked at / was aware of / couldn't fix these things during the warranty period, that should help your case.

Just reading on here, there seems to be a wide spread of results in contacting the factory, but many people have said great things about the ability of the factories to do high quality repair work.

Maybe they just agree to fix some or all of the issues, maybe they meet you part way and fix it at a discounted rate, or maybe they don't, but it will only cost you your time to ask.

Hopefully the factory can be more helpful than the dealer has been.
I spoke directly to prime time. I explained to them in detail the situation, timing etc. But most importantly the reality of a worthless product. If my financial institution knew about that reality I would have a real problem.

Anyway, this was not intended to be a trash prime time post. They have a warranty, if stuff happens like this to a few of us it is not technically their responsibility. I just wish it wasn't the darn floor. The other items I think are repairable, but the floor is the killer.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:02 AM   #12

did you not hit some kinda road hazard on your last trip? I'd find the "can do" rv shop that has experience fixing sandwich ect..floors and submit an insurance claim.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:19 AM   #13

I have some experience with the soft floor problem and I was very happy with my solution.
I had a 2005 model fifth wheel that had a soft floor that was rapidly getting softer with use.
I lifted the vinyl floor covering, laid 2mm galvanised sheet steel over the soft area and then laid new vinyl planks over the steel sheet.
The sheet on its own doesn't support your whole weight but combined with the floor, albeit being soft, the result is no more soft spot and a much stronger floor.
Does add some weight to the camper but is a relatively cheap fix and my floor vinyl needed updating anyway.
Just my two cents worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-12-2015, 10:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaka View Post
I have some experience with the soft floor problem and I was very happy with my solution.
I had a 2005 model fifth wheel that had a soft floor that was rapidly getting softer with use.
I lifted the vinyl floor covering, laid 2mm galvanised sheet steel over the soft area and then laid new vinyl planks over the steel sheet.
The sheet on its own doesn't support your whole weight but combined with the floor, albeit being soft, the result is no more soft spot and a much stronger floor.
Does add some weight to the camper but is a relatively cheap fix and my floor vinyl needed updating anyway.
Just my two cents worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thank you for this advice. By adding a semi rigid layer I can see how that would work. Maybe someone from primetime will read this and offer up some matching floor vinyl to help me out.

As it has been explained to me the laminated layers of the composite floor are separating. It is a situation that will never get better only worse as the system continues to degrade. Essentially, the more you use it, the worse it gets.

Unfortunately insurance doesn't cover faulty construction.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #15
Mod free 5er

Would still be worth your effort to go to the Goshen rally. They do things there that the dealers and factory won't touch when the camper is away from there. Replace items completely out of warranty by several years. Repair trailers several years old and out of warranty. It is a totally different atmosphere/attitude on everyone's part. I think they will fix your problem at no cost to you. You might have to leave the trailer, but it would be worth the hassle.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Would still be worth your effort to go to the Goshen rally. They do things there that the dealers and factory won't touch when the camper is away from there. Replace items completely out of warranty by several years. Repair trailers several years old and out of warranty. It is a totally different atmosphere/attitude on everyone's part. I think they will fix your problem at no cost to you. You might have to leave the trailer, but it would be worth the hassle.
Are you referring to the Rally in August. I might be able to do that. Sure would hate to haul it up there for them to say no.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #17
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAARubicon View Post
Are you referring to the Rally in August. I might be able to do that. Sure would hate to haul it up there for them to say no.
Yes, the August rally in Goshen. I don't think you would be disappointed. Just fill out the "problem" part of the registration and I think you will be pleasantly surprised as to the concern and attention you will get.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:17 PM   #18

Friends of ours has a 2010 303RKS Lacrosse. He's had many problems with it. He's on his 3rd set of electric stabilizers. Had work done on his stove- furnace - propane regulator- also had the toilet replaced and the floor on the main slide is torn up because of the slide bolt scraping it.
He's not a happy camper with Lacrosse....

I hope that F/R can supply some assistance for you.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #19

I'd plunge cut the floor in the affected area, and pull out foam. hammer in 2x2s and 2x4s cut to foams thickness, catching supports underneath, adding support underneath where I could. then section back in some plywood. one might ask why we have sandwich construction? its got to be cheaper for manufacturers, less labor to make. as long as consumers and insurance companies tolerate it, it wont go away.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #20
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAARubicon View Post
I was there for the first time last year and very skeptical, I talked to lot of people about how their problems were getting taken care of and I was amazed at the repairs that were taking place, also I never managed to find anyone who was disappointed or did not get their unit fixed, I did not talk to everyone so maybe there was but over all I was surprised at a company doing this, maybe it was because the CEO is there but whatever it works out for all.

Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lacrosse