Old 03-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
3200 BHT Awning Question

Does anyone know if it is possible to put a longer awning on the Prime Time Tracer 3200 BHT Touring Edition Executive Series? I know a longer awning rail would have to be put on, I just did not know if there was a reason why the ones on there are so short. It would be nice to not have to walk out into the rain while using the outside kitchen.

I have seen some trailers with the kitchen slide have a much longer awning on it then the one on the 3200 BHT.

Thank in advance for any input or insight you may have on this topic,

I don't understand why other trailers with this same kitchen slide out has them and it isn't an option for us.

Linack1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Don't you have a big door that flips up?

Sabre owners united!

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
Yes, I do however, from the outside kitchen to the awning it is uncovered so you and the food get wet traveling back and forth. It would be a nice little extra convenience item to have instead of the short twelve foot awning that also allows rainwater to come in the screen door because of where it stops on the trailer.
Linack1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #4
Site Team
Add a second smaller awning over the cooking area if that can fit with the door up.
The fridge slide out I would think would be a problem with one big awning.
I seen a trailer last summer that the guy added a second awning for just that reason, but it was not a tracer.
Next year is here - GO CUBS- 3 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 89 nights of camping
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #5
I contacted Prime Time about extending the awning on one of the models when we were shopping. They said that the current awning has backers in the wall specifically where the awning mounts. They went back to their engineering department to see about moving the backers but between windows and the slope of the roof- the awning couldn't be moved further back like I wanted. Unfortunately, it nixed the model from our list.

You might want to contact PTM directly. Chris, I think his name is, was a VP and responded almost immediately when I contacted him.
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #6
I have this same camper and with the kitchen slide out, I'm not sure how you could get a longer awning on it. It looks like the top if the kitchen slider would hit the awning

2013 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT
2016 GMC Crew Cab Duramax All Terrain
Ribs in the smoker and Whiskey in hand
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote