Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #1

3200 BHT Issue-WATER LEAKS!

I have to vent as I am pretty frustrated today with my brand new unit. Being and engineer, I am sometimes over critical, but some of the things I have seen I don't think I am being picky. As seen a few posts down, I found out that water was seeping in between the aluminum extrusions on my slides and the exterior walls. To prevent any damage from last weekends rain and last nights rain, I made sure to fully bring in the slides. I double and triple checked everything and even went around outside to check. On Sunday after the rain stopped, I opened up the camper to find some water on the kitchen floor in the area near the outside wall. Okay, maybe a fluke I thought as maybe some water got carried in with slide when I closed it. Well, we had the rain last night, again slides closed. I went in to check and low and behold, water under the kitchen slide. A large puddle and also water traces near the wall. So further inspection on the other slides I found water in the rear bedroom slide floor as well. I can honestly say I am pretty disappointed after spending the money I did on this, using it for two nights and keeping it parked, perfectly level on my driveway (which this should not matter) I have water intrusion already. My other two campers with slides never had this problem at all. One of the things I have realized when compared to other units with slides, they all have extra wide gutters over the seal between the slide and the wall. Mine has none. The unit is only 2 weeks old and has been plagued already. Very concerned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	32896  
f700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #2

I too am a 3200BHT owner and I just have to say that i'm sorry this is happening to you. I just checked on our TT which is located at an outdoor storage facility and after all the rain we just had here in VA, it's dry as a bone, all turtled up. I checked with a paper towel on the schwintek slide rails, assuming that's the aluminum that you're talking about.
If it were me and I was having this issue, i'd contact your dealer and make an appointment for them to see it. Give them a chance to make it right.
BlueOX SwayPro (used when hauling cart too)
TomStacey616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #3

It is going to the dealer this week to be checked. I did check while it was raining last night and the water that comes off the roof goes into the gutter, but they overflow and eventually drips right onto the seal area of the slides. I am thinking that may be the issue.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #4

ahhhhhh... maybe... Also, on another note, you previously posted about your slides and the exposed screws.http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...sue-41411.html.... not having the "tape" on them. While I was inspecting mine, my slides do have the screws covered with what looked like a 6-8 inch wide rubber feeling tape..... I forgot to grab pictures... DOH!!
BlueOX SwayPro (used when hauling cart too)
TomStacey616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:29 AM   #5

Interesting, my rear bunkhouse slide on my 2013 Lacrosse 318 BHS has no tape over the screws and in fact there are places where there are holes but no screws...don't think I have leaks but there has been condensation issues in my bunkhouse on the slide side. Will have to keep an eye on it.
AWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #6

I'm curious to hear what your dealer said AND did about your issue. I'm currently researching replacement options for my Springdale and the 3200BHT is right at the top of my list. However this news hits home for me as an undetected leak and resulting floor damage is the reason for my wanting to trade up.

2008 F150 FX4 5.4L & 3.73s
2014 PTM Tracer 3200BHT
Yes...I've finally made it to Prime Time!
Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #7

We have not been able to duplicate it and it has not happened since. They did put the eternabond tape on the top of the extrusions and that has stopped the leaks through the extrusion and the roof. So far very happy.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #8

That's good to hear, that at least it's stopped. As I said I'm interested in this model so I'm paying close attention. Please give us periodic updates. I'll likely be trading up during the off season so I want to hear real world experiences.

2008 F150 FX4 5.4L & 3.73s
2014 PTM Tracer 3200BHT
Yes...I've finally made it to Prime Time!
Mister is offline   Reply With Quote