Old 09-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #1

3200BHT, tanks

I enjoy the camper but every trip it's something. . .

We just came back from a weekend trip and I noticed my tank gauges were showing me 1/3, 2/3 full at times and I had my grey tank opened and draining. Before we left the 'honey wagon' came by and pumped the tanks out. He ran the pump until nothig was coming out. We got home, I disconnected, level the camper and I checked the guages again. It showed my blank tank 2/3 full and my grey 1/3 full again. So I opend my grey tank and about a cup or so of water came out. (I'm not testing my black tank at the house).

So I a test and I dumped 1 gallon of fresh water in my kicthen sink it my tank guage showed 1/3 full, so I opened the grey valve up and the water drained, though not the full gallon. Could there be something wrong with my guages or could the tanks not be draining the entire way? I noticed this last week also when I was connected to full connections down in KOA in VA Beach. Though the tanks were opened, my indicator lights inside were showing me 1/3, or 2/3 full.

RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged123 View Post
I enjoy the camper but every trip it's something. . .

We just came back from a weekend trip and I noticed my tank gauges were showing me 1/3, 2/3 full at times and I had my grey tank opened and draining. Before we left the 'honey wagon' came by and pumped the tanks out. He ran the pump until nothig was coming out. We got home, I disconnected, level the camper and I checked the guages again. It showed my blank tank 2/3 full and my grey 1/3 full again. So I opend my grey tank and about a cup or so of water came out. (I'm not testing my black tank at the house).

So I a test and I dumped 1 gallon of fresh water in my kicthen sink it my tank guage showed 1/3 full, so I opened the grey valve up and the water drained, though not the full gallon. Could there be something wrong with my guages or could the tanks not be draining the entire way? I noticed this last week also when I was connected to full connections down in KOA in VA Beach. Though the tanks were opened, my indicator lights inside were showing me 1/3, or 2/3 full.
Hey hey, my black tanks have read 1/3 or 2/3 since the first rinse with the black tank flush. I've looked into the open toilet and see no visual water or "other stuff" so I know there is cling on there somewhere. On my grey tanks, those have shown empty every time I empty the tanks. No issues with those on mine.
Seems to me you need a good black tank flush, some Calgon, soap and half a tank of water, drive to your nearest campground and dump. See what happens.

Have to ask, how did you like the VA Beach KOA? We had site 49.

BlueOX SwayPro (used when hauling cart too)
TomStacey616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #3

Mines reads 1/3 most of the time even when we were in va beach with ful hookups and after I ran the tank flush. I'll run it again.

As for the va beach KOA, nice, average size sites, the rig and screen house fit nicely, clean, great staff and a good mix of activities for everyone. We enjoyed it, we were 217 and even though we were close to the main road, when we were in for the night we barely heard anyone outside or cars, even during the day we rarely heard the outside noise.
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank