Old 05-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
You might be a little more specific about what a "325" is.

My Sanibel has a 4-door fridge (12cu-ft) that works great. We have it in the medium setting. It stays about 37 degrees and makes ice with no problems.
X2 Works great. My only complaint with the frig is the noise the two cooling fans make on the back of the frig. You can hear them all through out the trailer. I've been told this is a common complaint with frigs that are built into a slide out. For some reason, if built in a slide out, they install these fans and they are noisy. Don't know why Dometic hasn't figured out a way to mount them to lessen the noise level. It drives me nuts to be sitting in a quiet trailer reading and hear these stupid fans running. And they run forever.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #12

fridge

I would agree about the noise. We indeed up getting the 2013 325RES with the smaller fridge, but when i plugged it in and turned on the fridge I noticed the noise. So I take it there is nothing we can do, since mine too is in the slide.i would like to hear from other 325res owners if your fridge is noisy. Thanks
Still love it. We kept it a secret from my oldest daughter until she came home last night and saw it when she did chores.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhollar View Post
I would agree about the noise. We indeed up getting the 2013 325RES with the smaller fridge, but when i plugged it in and turned on the fridge I noticed the noise. So I take it there is nothing we can do, since mine too is in the slide.i would like to hear from other 325res owners if your fridge is noisy. Thanks
Still love it. We kept it a secret from my oldest daughter until she came home last night and saw it when she did chores.
We have a 2012 325RES with the dual fridge. We had issues with it cooling when the ambient temps were high. It just wouldn't stay cold. I have seen the temp get as high as 47-48F during the hottest part of the day. We brought it back to the dealer for service and it seems to work fine now so far. They never gave a satisfactory answer about what the problem actually was though. We are fast approaching our routine summer misery in south Louisiana so we will see then.
As far it being noisy; I will agree that it is certainly audible when it runs but I wouldn't call it loud or offensive. Now with that said, I have worked in a powerhouse for the last 33 years and my hearing aint exactly 20/20, but my wife aint complaining about the noise and that is fine by me.
Pirogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhollar View Post
So I take it there is nothing we can do, since mine too is in the slide.
You can replace the fans with high-capacity computer fans. I've even heard a rumor that Dometic may be replacing them with quieter fans.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #15

We have the smaller fridge, and I have not heard a thing from it.

2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
2006 Silverado 2500HD LT SW ECSB, 6L LQ4/4L80E 4.10s w/16K Curt slider (not necessary), Air Lift bags & Black Bear Performance tune & CAI

Norm & Karen Zondervan
zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote