Old 04-26-2015, 10:05 PM   #1
3250 Sanibel Hide a bed

We picked up our 2015 3250 Sanibel fifth wheel trailer and getting it ready for the first season.
The kitchen side slide had some align problem, but one disappointment was the size of the "Residential" hide a bed.
Our friends are 6 feet tall and them sleeping on a 64" hide a bed is not an option.
One of the reason of buying the Trailer was that it had a hid a bed as standard option.
My last trailers hide a bed was a standard double , 72 inches long .
Could anybody tell me the size of the Hide a Bed that is delivered with the 2015 3250 Sanibel!
Thank you

wamafi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:57 PM   #2
Our 2014 295RST also has tge short Hide a Bed. We did realize the length was so short until after we bought it. Very disappointed. Can't imagine why anyone would want a short one.

rrickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #3
I hate tiny touch screens! Make that -we didn't realize.
rrickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:04 PM   #4
Hide a bed

For all who have read my story about the hide a bed delivered with my 2015 Sanibel 3250, here is the solution to the problem if you are having the same problem.
Prime Time did not have a solution to the "Residential Hide a bed" problem, that the bed was only about 64 inches long, the designer at Prime Time must be very short people.
After much measuring I installed a 72 inch Hide a bed in the couch delivered with the Sanibel 3250. What is important is that the metal frame (the actual Hide a bed, is not wider than 60 inches, most are that size anyway) As long as one screws in the metal frame front (folded up) the one with the pull up handle all the way to the front and at the height even with the front, a 72 inch hide a bed will work.
That means, you as the owner, has to pay for the new frame and mattress out of your own pocket, Prime Time ( Forest River) will do nothing about it from their part.
I had a Hide a Bed at home with the right dimension and a good mattress on it, therefore I just exchanged the two frames for the time being.
Should I need my hide a bed at home, I guess, I have to buy another frame.
I hope this helps anybody out there who was very disappointed about the micro beds supplied with otherwise a nice trailer.
Forest River or Prime time has (in my opinion) a major problem with quality control, I have been fixing these problems for days now and finally I can almost say, that should have been like this when the new trailer left the factory. My dealer is a 6 hour drive from where I live and get some thing done from any local Forest River dealer is a major pain in the bud, hopefully nothing major goes wrong during the two year "factory warranty".
If anybody out there is interested to this, I have some pictures, send me your e-mail address and I will send them to you.
Good Luck in case you change your bed.
wamafi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:09 AM   #5
Hello, I have a 2015 Sanibel 3251, we bought in October 2014, just tried to use the Lane pull out sofa, couldn't believe how short it is. Since my wife and I would like to keep this RV for a while , I would consider updating the sofa with a longer mattress/ frame. Any help you could provide would be helpful. Thank you, Happy 4th!
Beerepair is offline   Reply With Quote