Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2015, 05:47 PM   #21

Oh, by the way. We woke up to 8 inches of snow this morning. 😢
Good thing I'm flying to Palm Springs Tuesday for a few weeks.
Not a happy camper. 😡

Chris, Diana and Miss Kitts 😼
2015 Sanibel 3601
Old 03-22-2015, 06:53 PM   #22

We don't know. We're afraid of what might go wrong next if this thing was just thrown together with little oversight. I guess I'm just depressed today because of our cancelled trip and that soon all our friends from Canada are going home. We're not going to Canada this year so it will be Dec. before we see them again. Several ordered new rvs at the show and they're fortunate that they were able to use them immediately with no major problems. Sorta jealous, I guess, but also happy they aren't having our problems. - The grandkids are inconsolable. Disney campgrounds are so heavily booked that you have to reserve 9-11 months ahead of time, so they/we had been looking forward to this for a long time. And we lost our deposit, blah, blah, blah. I'm just bummed. Thanks for the well wishes. It's much appreciated
MA554PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:54 PM   #23

Enjoy your trip....and especially the nice weather!!
Old 03-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #24

MA554A
Let me just reassure you, that prime time will help you and they do stand behind there product. Even if you trade in your Sanibel, you will be buying another product with just as many issues or more. It's the problem with this industry. There needs to be changes. I understand stand your frustrated and I would be to. Any salesperson is going to say what you want to hear. But it is truly going to be the same thing. I recommend calling prime time and calling and meeting with the dealer principle. I would have a meeting with the dealer, service manager, sales manager and parts manager. Sit down with them and be fair and have realistic expectations. Do get into a pissing match. But let them know that you are extremely unhappy with your purchase and try to work it out. Make sure that you don't threaten with lawyer's. That usually shuts people down. I did this approach and had reasonable results. But be fair with time constraints. Wishing you the very best.
jimmyt11664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:46 AM   #25

Thanks, jimmyt We haven't threatened a lawsuit, in fact that would be an absolute last resort and probably wouldn't be necessary with what we understand of the Lemon Law here in Florida. I don't believe the dealership wants to help us. I'd contacted Good Sam Action Line (a request for mediation) and they sent a letter to them about a month which, at this point, hasn't gotten a response.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #26

So after 6 weeks in Florida with our 3601 we also have a problem with our left hand slide. The front roller has torn the linoleum. I've taken it back to the dealer and they have been nothing but helpful. And after looking at other brands of campers I still think we made the right choice. We love our 3601 and to move up to a Cardinal from forest river your looking at 30,000$ for almost the same thing. Wishing the best luck to all of you and hope to see you all up and down the roads traveling this season.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #27

Update: Not sure where to begin but apparently my first call to General RV's corporate office never got through. My call yesterday did, as did my email. - We just received a call from the Vice President of Operations and he has just arrived at the Dover location! Now, we're not naïve enough to think he's here because of us, but we will be taking our Sanibel in tomorrow morning so that he can walk through it with us. He has the discrepancy list I emailed yesterday so he knows all our problems. - All I can say is "WOW!". Is it possible someone does care whether or not we're happy with our purchase? Is it possible that this gentleman can give us some assurance that our rv will be repaired properly? I hope I'm not dreaming!
Old 03-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #28

They say that the trailer should be level when opening your slides. Mine still binds on the door side, I have a 3600. Mine is also ripping the tape on the bottom side, dealer re taped it and said it should be fine. I am also noticing some bubbles on the roof, my shower enclosure cracked again, it is installed with these big plsstic rivits seems pretty cheap.
Ductwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #29

Update: Many things have changed since I last posted. Mr. Dietrich, the V.P. of Operations from General Rv's corporate office, came down to Tampa last Wed. to meet with us and inspect our Sanibel. He agreed that our rv shouldn't have been sent from Prime Time in the condition it was in but explained that some manufacturers do that so all the burden for dealing with their poor design/shoddy workmanship is on the owner and dealer. (I guess their attitude is "The warranty will cover it after some unsuspecting buyer owns it".) The one sure thing we learned is refund or replacement isn't an option from the dealership, nor is factory repair by Prime Time unless the wheels are literally falling off. - The other thing that changed is that hubby mentioned in an email to Prime Time that we intended to file the necessary forms with the Indiana AGs office so that ours might someday qualify under the Lemon Law if it continues to have problems. That was absolutely the end of any correspondence from Prime Time and Forest River. Since March 19, they have not responded to hubby's phone call regarding a question he had (concerning the addition of a generator for dry camping) nor have they responded to an email from either of us. I guess if you don't play the game their way by not complaining too much, they hang you out to dry. - I've thought back to my first conversation with Roger Stickel when he asked me if I was talking to an attorney. I answered "no". He said "Good. We don't like to overwork our legal staff". Apparently those weren't idle words. - So, our Sanibel is back in for repairs to the big slides and multiple other issues that Mr. Dietrich and we found. We still have no idea when they might get it to us because among other things "rails are on order". The one good thing in all of this is the dealership seems to be doing their best to repair it asap. But, of course, the bad thing is we no longer have anyone from the manufacturer to talk to when we have a question or concern specific to their product. At this point, we're seriously thinking of selling both our truck and rv and buying a Class A from a reliable manufacturer such as Tiffin. We'd planned to upgrade to a coach in 2-3 years but with all the hassle we've had with Prime Time and their product, we might just accelerate our plans and buy now.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:01 AM   #30

Cured me from buying a prime time product
Piperflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #31

Just got the call that says ours is "fixed". It was supposedly "fixed" back in Feb. and again in mid-March. Not getting all excited about until we know if anything else has gone wrong because this thing seems to develop problems just sitting in one place with nobody around. Wasn't buying a brand new rv supposed to be fun?
Old 05-06-2015, 08:29 AM   #32

So an update on the slide on ours. We took it in 8 weeks ago. I was told it wouldn't take long to fix it. I said that I'm bringing it in now so if you need to take it to Prime Time to have them fix it you have time to get it repaired be for we need it in May. Was told no problem. Ha ha ha. So we got a call yesterday from Prime Time to see when we can bring it in. Not happy. There has been plenty of other things that I've fixed also. We bought this unit from our local dealer and gave more than some other dealers had the same one listed so we wouldn't have to drive out to Prime Time to get it fixed. 10hrs round trip.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:19 PM   #33

I agree with you, our 2015, 3250 has the same problem, looks very bad when closed.
I brought out the fender piece on the trailer to make them even.
Looks better now, how much would it take from Forest River to make that look good.
wamafi43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sanibel, slide