Old 04-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #11

Landlover its been two weeks, anything new to report on the fiver?

Prime Time Sanibel Traveler 38QB
2015 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
crooks07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:16 PM   #12

We really haven't spent much time at the lake yet, so I really don't have much to add. We did spend one night just as a trial run and found a couple of things out. The Sony surround sound and Legend TV are both cheap units. I bought a soundbar with Bluetooth for music and I'm debating on whether to hook it up to the tv and use it instead. We are definitely using it for music and it should work well. I found out that you have to "really" point the remote to the sensor to get it to work. It has a nice picture but the remote response isn't very good. The scissor jacks seem to be enough for stabilization purposes now. We got it really level and it is very stable. There are a ton of cabinets but we wish the pantry was bigger. The bathroom sink sucks, as it doesn't extend far enough out to really wash your hands. It will be replaced and I have ordered an Oxygenics RV replacement shower head. We also need to add some hooks for towels in the bathroom and I bought a free standing toilet paper holder. The sofa bed in the rear living room is a full and the sofa bed in the bunk room is just a little bigger than a queen. Our master bedroom king bed is very comfortable with a memory foam topper. One other thing I noticed was that the only exterior light was the awning led lights and a small light on the stairs. I wish it had a porch light. I will probably add a porch light. We will be spending more time down there in the next couple of weekends so I will update you then. Let me know how your delivery goes.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:09 AM   #13

Thanks for the information, I pick mine up on Monday. I will let you know how it goes. I had them add awning toppers and J.T. strong arm jacks. I went with a pullrite hitch for the truck and added a set of airlift 5000 ultimate air bags, to smooth out the ride. I am going to swap the rims and tires to 17.5 and sailing tires. I plan on doing a couple longer trips and I have seen a lot of complaints about the tow max tires.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:50 AM   #14

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1460555300.349640.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	104750Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1460555312.251269.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	104751

Just picked it up Monday. I had to build a couple ramps to gay it in the driveway. Now time to load it up and get ready for camping season. Spring and fall package booked along with five summer trips. PDI went good, a couple small things but nothing major. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1460555427.142528.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	104752Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1460555440.310256.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	104753

Old 04-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #15

Congratulations and best of luck. We have had ours for about a month now. It's already at our campground and it's a great rig. We were looking at the Crusader, with the same floor plan, the dealer upgrade to the Sanibel for the same price. No brainer there.
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Dogbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
Congratulations and best of luck. We have had ours for about a month now. It's already at our campground and it's a great rig. We were looking at the Crusader, with the same floor plan, the dealer upgrade to the Sanibel for the same price. No brainer there.

I can assure you the Crusaders and Sanibels aren't close in pricing so I would have to say your dealer played the numbers game on you.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
I can assure you the Crusaders and Sanibels aren't close in pricing so I would have to say your dealer played the numbers game on you.
I don't see how. We traded our old trailer in for the same price. The Crusader's show price was $49,000. We got them down to $45,000. As we were leaving, the show, they called and offered us the Sanibel for $45,000. The owner, of the dealership, overheard us talking to one salesman and he just walked away from us. The owner came over and apologized to us. We went back,talked to another salesman and made a deal for the Crusader. The new salesman told us the owner wanted to make the deal for the Sanibel. Unless they inflated the price of the Crusader. DW loves it. I'm happy.
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Dogbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
I don't see how. We traded our old trailer in for the same price. The Crusader's show price was $49,000. We got them down to $45,000. As we were leaving, the show, they called and offered us the Sanibel for $45,000. The owner, of the dealership, overheard us talking to one salesman and he just walked away from us. The owner came over and apologized to us. We went back,talked to another salesman and made a deal for the Crusader. The new salesman told us the owner wanted to make the deal for the Sanibel. Unless they inflated the price of the Crusader. DW loves it. I'm happy.

They probably had the crusader price fluffed. Or they buried it in your trade in. They are both great units. We have the crusader and love it. We were told and saw that the Sanibels are a step above and more geared for the full timers. Obviously they come with a larger price tag. Just going off the Msrp prices you can see the difference in crusaders vs Sanibels. Then shoot for the 33% off as a general rule of thumb. Anywho glad your happy with it. Prime time has excellent customer service.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:51 PM   #19

We paid $44,900 for our Sanibel 38QB. Sounds like we did ok.

Tags
cedar creek