Old 03-10-2016, 05:14 PM   #1

380MBH VS 37MBH Cedar Creek

We have been looking at various models of mid bunk room fifth wheels and are wondering if anyone has the 380MBH Crusader by Primetime. If so do you like it and would you purchase it again?

Old 03-12-2016, 03:13 PM   #2

We just purchased a Sanibel Traveler 38qb but haven't taken delivery yet. I believe it is the same camper as the Crusader 380mbh. I'll keep you updated, when we take delivery. We fell in love with the floor plan.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:49 PM   #3

We take delivery this Saturday. I'll try to post some pics when we get it all set up on our lot.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #4

I also purchased the 38qb, I pick it up next month, I had them install slide toppers and J.T. Strong arm jacks. My wife and I thought it was the perfect floor plan, a room for the kids but a large common area also. Let me know how you make out with yours.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:56 PM   #5

We are trading in a Wildwood 31QBTS travel trailer and are looking forward to more room in the living room and bedroom. The bunkhouse is HUGE in our TT and the kids stay in there all of the time. With this plan we should have them out in the living/kitchen area more. Our boys are 17 and 16, so we want to spend as much time with them as possible until they are off to college.

We will keep this fifth wheel on our lot at the lake 90% of the time, so I decided to see how our old jacks that we used for the TT worked before I bought a stabilization system. I was thinking about buying the SteadyFast system. The dealership only carried BAL systems and I wanted either J.T. or SteayFast. I haven't looked at slide stoppers. What is their benefit and cost?
Old 03-15-2016, 09:18 PM   #6

We traded in a Rockwood Roo 233S, we found it to be to small for us when we started camping, and I didn't like the extra time setting up the beds. We loved the large common area in the 38qb, like you said, we want the kids with us not off in their own bunk room all the time. I looked at the SteadyFast system also, both have good reviews. I talked to a guy with a Colmbus with the J.T. Strong arms and he loved them. I decided to go with the slide toppers, mainly to keep the leaves and debris off the slides. It will also help keep the camper cooler. We are going to do a spring and fall package at a local camp ground and travel in the summer when the kids are out of school. Mainly long weekends or week long trips that include stops at two or three campgrounds. I did not want to have to climb up and clean off the slides every time we move it.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:17 PM   #7

Well we took delivery today! The walk through went well and I got everything set up. I decided to wait to see how stable it was with the 4 scissor jacks I already had before I bought anything else. We are happy campers so far!

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1458433011.436543.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  109.1 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1458433036.764751.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  115.5 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1458433054.974177.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  121.9 KB
Old 03-20-2016, 09:29 AM   #8

Looks great, we pick ours up April 11th. The campgrounds around here do not open until May.let me know if you have any issues or any mods you do.

Prime Time Sanibel Traveler 38QB
2015 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
crooks07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlover View Post
Well we took delivery today! The walk through went well and I got everything set up. I decided to wait to see how stable it was with the 4 scissor jacks I already had before I bought anything else. We are happy campers so far!
Attachment 102368
Attachment 102369Attachment 102370
We pick ours up on Tuesday the 22nd. I just grabbed our old trailer, 2014 318 Lacrosse to trade in. Just worried about it fitting by my deck, with the left slide. I'll make it work, just wondering how much work. LOL.
Good luck with yours and happy camping.
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Dogbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 03:45 PM   #10

One thing that I will be changing before long is the Sony system that it came with. The surround sound speakers aren't very loud and the Sony dvd/cd system doesn't have any hdmi inputs. It has one hdmi output that goes to the tv from the DVD player but you can't add much to it. I'm probably going to buy a receiver of some kind with a little more oomph and hdmi hook ups. I will probably get some different speakers too. In my opinion, the cheapest thing in this camper is this Sony system. It does have a usb input but I wish it had an auxiliary port too.

Another thing I noticed was that the remote control ir signal didn't get picked up from the tv. I will try new batteries and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Tags
cedar creek