Old 06-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #11

Fonzie,

Thanks for the instruction manual. I read it and understand it now. When we get the unit back I'll set it up and try to see if it works like it's designed to.
Thanks again, you were great help

Old 06-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
You're talking about a different problem than the original poster. Yours is cycling off. You just don't like how long it stays off.

Most likely you've got a vent directing air down onto the thermostat or the sensor for the thermostat.
Yeah I guess maybe I am. Cold air blowing down on the sensor does not make sense. That would keep it from coming on. When I say the unit shuts off, I mean it is for like literally one second and then right back on.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGeorge View Post
Yeah I guess maybe I am. Cold air blowing down on the sensor does not make sense. That would keep it from coming on. When I say the unit shuts off, I mean it is for like literally one second and then right back on.
It makes sense. The cold air would only blow on the sensor when the AC was on. It would get down to the setting temperature (quickly) and then turn off. But as soon as it turns off, the sensor feels the warm ambient air and turns it right back on.

Having said all that, I can't imagine it happening in one second. Further, there has to be a time-delay in the system that wouldn't let the compressor turn back on for a couple of minutes (at least). I wonder if there's some setting that causes the blower to come on for air circulation right after the AC has finished using it for cooling? Exactly which thermostat do you have? Perhaps you can post a picture?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #14

Mine was doing the same thing. The fan would come on for a few seconds and then the compressor would kick on. Then after cooling the compressor would kick off, after a few seconds the fan would cut off, normal operation. Then a second or two later the fan would come on again and just run, no compressor. I would eventually turn off the whole unit and open the windows as the evening cooled down. As this happened a few days, one day I put the thermostat in auto, nothing happen. Left it like that for several hours then just turned off the whole system. Next time I used the AC it worked right. Don't know what I did but all is good now...Knock on wood...
Old 06-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernsky View Post
Mine was doing the same thing. The fan would come on for a few seconds and then the compressor would kick on. Then after cooling the compressor would kick off, after a few seconds the fan would cut off, normal operation. Then a second or two later the fan would come on again and just run, no compressor. I would eventually turn off the whole unit and open the windows as the evening cooled down. As this happened a few days, one day I put the thermostat in auto, nothing happen. Left it like that for several hours then just turned off the whole system. Next time I used the AC it worked right. Don't know what I did but all is good now...Knock on wood...
Thanks. Your description is exactly what mine does.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #16

Mine does this fast cycling also. Drives me absolutely nuts at night.
The fan turns on, then you hear the compressor kick on. It runs like that for a few minuets and then you hear the compressor kick off and its like the fan speeds up. It then shuts off completely for a short period of time and then the whole process starts over. We haven't camped in a while but reading this post reminded me of it. Like you its our front unit right above my head that does this.

Hopefully there will be some more thoughts on this.