Old 05-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
Picked up our 295RST from our dealer on Thursday and for the most part we are happy. The leak was fixed, there was a loose fitting underneath the sink in the kitchen. The fresh water fill they say they could not re-produce although I know that when they dropped the underbelly to fix the leak they moved the fresh water vent tube which solved that issue as well.

They re-aligned the kitchen slide but it is hard to tell if it straight now. I will see if the fabric on the bottom of the slide stops wearing.

The other minor fit and finish issues are also solved.

The tech forgot to re-seal the underbelly after cutting right across the trailer. I decided to get my own roll of gorilla tape and seal it myself. I also have to get some expanding foam and re-seal the low point drains. Not a big deal but the dealer should have had more attention to detail.

We've noticed that perhaps the table side slide is also out of adjustment because the gap on it when closed is out by maybe an inch towards the bottom. I will drop by the dealer again and have them look at it.

Overall we are still thrilled with our Prime Time product.
Thanks for posting these issues. Although I have not seen these occurrences in our 295rst I will keep an eye out. One issue I have found is the top lock on the cabin door turns but does not lock. The deadbolt works just not the top. It did work when we picked it up but not now. Anyone hear of this?

Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #22

mdalb20, I have not experienced that issue on our 295RST but on our previous Coachmen Travel Trailer I did. To fix it, just dis-aseemble the locking mechanism and determine what is mal-functioning. Or, just bring it to your dealer.

Although the leak has been indeed fixed on our unit there is damage to the center island wood framework. It is obvious that the dealer was working in that area as we found a rag that they must have wiped water up with. The damage is done though and the wood has already swelled.

Also the fresh water fill is still not filling all the way. .

I am trying to be patient but I am getting a little frustrated at this point.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
mdalb20, I have not experienced that issue on our 295RST but on our previous Coachmen Travel Trailer I did. To fix it, just dis-aseemble the locking mechanism and determine what is mal-functioning. Or, just bring it to your dealer.

Although the leak has been indeed fixed on our unit there is damage to the center island wood framework. It is obvious that the dealer was working in that area as we found a rag that they must have wiped water up with. The damage is done though and the wood has already swelled.

Also the fresh water fill is still not filling all the way. .

I am trying to be patient but I am getting a little frustrated at this point.
Thanks for the tip. Hopefully these issues will be solved for you. My wife and I love this layout and have since we saw it for the first time last year.
Keep us updated
Mike and Betty Ann
Old 05-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #24

I did speak with 2 people from Prime Time yesterday regarding both the FW fill issue and the auto leveling issue. Both assured me that we would solve the problems and I have little doubt we will.

I also had a conference call with a support rep from LCI. He gave me a procedure to perform a zero point calibration as well as some instructions to ensure that the control systems were not wired incorrectly and/or backwards. If time permits I'll do that today.

Barring that I will be forced to return to the dealer again. The unit will have to go back eventually anyway as there is water damage from the leak on the bottom board of the centre island.

We'll get it all sorted in time, I have faith
Old 05-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #25

Well over the weekend I took care of 2 issues myself. The first was the leak. Turns out there must have been 2 leaks initially. One my dealer definitely solved. The second one is what I think might have really done the damage to the woodwork on the centre island. It was coming from the fitting between the PEX line and the flex line to the faucet on the cold water side. Not a lot of water, but enough. I tightened it down and the leak is corrected. I am not sure what Prime Time will choose to do with the water damage, but I will let my dealer sort that out.

The second is the fresh water fill. Since my dealer did not properly seal my underbelly (another 'issue' I need to correct myself) I decided to investigate this myself. After cutting a few access panels into the underbelly I could see what was going on. The fill tube is poorly routed and dips below the level of the fresh water tank. I fixed that by zip tying it to the underside of the floor and routing it as best as I could. It still does dip down when it leaves the tank because of where the tank itself is located. There are structural members for the slide in the way which is why the fill tube and vent tube are routed this way.

With that being said when the vent tube and fill tube were properly zip tied (as they should have been from the factory) my tank now fills to about 7/8. Technically the indicator only shows 2/3, but I was able to verify by the side of the tank with the underbelly pulled down that the tank is just about full. Not enough in the difference to care about. Most of our trips using our onboard tank are 2 nights and this amount of water easily lasts us. Most trips longer than that we are usually on full hookup.

The auto level for the most part is OK now after a zero point calibration.

I'll arrange with my dealer to bring the trailer back in to have them adjust the slide and submit a claim for the water damage. However, neither issue prevent us from using the trailer.

I also took care of a few other minor fit and finish issues myself. I am sure my dealer would have but in the end I feel as though I'll do an equally good job, if not better because it's my trailer and I give a ____...

The more we use our Prime Time Crusader the more we are convinced it was the RIGHT choice and this fifth wheel will serve us for many years to come.

RV Guy (if you are reading this) please work with your team and find a better path to route the FW fill. You can clearly see by the number of threads about it, you have an issue.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #26

What issue do you have with the auto leveling? I find mine most of the time will lift wheels off the ground. This trip all tires came up rather than lowering the front
Getting good at manualode ;-)

GeoArm is offline   Reply With Quote