Old 04-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #1

A few issues with our 295RST

First, this thread is NOT at all meant to be a b___h session about our Prime Time product, nor do I hope it turns into one. We are actually over the moon happy with our 295RST. We just love it.

With that being said a number of issues have come up and I dropped it off back at the dealer yesterday. Luckily it is good timing as we are unable to use it for a few weekends anyway.

1. A leak in the water system. Somewhere under the floor and likely in the bathroom area. On our first trip we noticed the pump cycling more than it should which told me there likely was a leak. It was cold that first weekend (not freezing, just cold) and I didn't have the chance to look closely. On our next trip I finally saw water dripping out of the expanding foam. To mitigate it we only turned on the pump when it was needed. On our trip last weekend I hooked up to city water to test the system and the leak materialized much worse. Pretty quickly the underbelly filled up and I had to poke a hole in it to drain. The leak is not above the floor anywhere as near as I can find.

2. Either the filler tube is kinked or perhaps the breather is tube is plugged because we cannot fill the onboard tank more than 1/3. I suppose with the leak that's a good thing .

3. The kitchen slide is rubbing along the bottom edge closest the door and the black fabric wrap is being torn underneath.

A few other misc fit and finish issues, nothing individually major.

My dealer just called me and went over everything so there was no misunderstanding.

Just FYI for other 295RST owners out there to keep an eye out for similar issues.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #2

We put our 295RST in the shop last week for water leaks, too. We discovered two leaks after hooking up to the city water connection at the state park during our initial shake-down. One leak at the LF corner of the unit drips about once every 20 seconds and the second leak, drips at two locations just forward of the forward left front tire. The dealership is also ordering a new RCA soundbar as we had no video from the DVD nor AM/FM reception during the trip. Lastly, we encountered the auto-leveling system malfunction with all four wheels/tires raised about 2" off the pad on a level surface.

Like you, we love our 5er and, as optimists, we expect resolution hopefully within the next week or so. The key for us is to have it ready for a long haul to the high country this summer.

Let me know hou you fare?

'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #3

Scratch, I will let you know for sure.

I found the water dripping right where the low point drains are, I was hoping that perhaps the last elbow into the low points was the source of the leak but now that the underbelly filled I know it wasn't there.

Funny I noticed the AM/FM reception was terrible in our sound bar as well. There was video from the DVD (I popped in the LCI leveling DVD), but I did not watch it. I'll fully test out the sound bar when I get the rig back for sure. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #4

Did either of you peek at the connections in behind the hose hookup Center where the winterizing connections are. I'm wondering if there is a loose fitting leaking under pressure.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #5

Irishrv I did check all fittings in the docking station. They are fine.

The leak is in the underbelly somewhere.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #6

Hopefully, we'll know more tomorrow when I travel down the road to San Antonio and visit with the dealer...
'14 nights camped:
Old 05-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #7

Post back and let us know Scratch. Since my dealers 'service person' only called me late yesterday it'll be a while before I hear anything. Then again I'm headed out of town for a bit anyway so I'm good with them having it. Have a look at the under side of both your slides as well.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #8

Will do Newfie. Have a safe trip...
'14 nights camped:
Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #9

Rick, at Prime Time, is overseeing the corrective actions with my dealer and is also addressing the auto-leveling system. I believe in these PT folks; they actually called us to inquire on our 5W the day after I sent an email in regard to the auto leveler. And they've followed up twice.

Best customer support I've come across and I've been around a while.
'14 nights camped:
Old 05-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #10

I will be VERY interested to hear what is going on with the auto leveling system. I have yet to reach out to Prime Time, but I plan on it.