Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #1

A few issues with our 295RST

First, this thread is NOT at all meant to be a b___h session about our Prime Time product, nor do I hope it turns into one. We are actually over the moon happy with our 295RST. We just love it.

With that being said a number of issues have come up and I dropped it off back at the dealer yesterday. Luckily it is good timing as we are unable to use it for a few weekends anyway.

1. A leak in the water system. Somewhere under the floor and likely in the bathroom area. On our first trip we noticed the pump cycling more than it should which told me there likely was a leak. It was cold that first weekend (not freezing, just cold) and I didn't have the chance to look closely. On our next trip I finally saw water dripping out of the expanding foam. To mitigate it we only turned on the pump when it was needed. On our trip last weekend I hooked up to city water to test the system and the leak materialized much worse. Pretty quickly the underbelly filled up and I had to poke a hole in it to drain. The leak is not above the floor anywhere as near as I can find.

2. Either the filler tube is kinked or perhaps the breather is tube is plugged because we cannot fill the onboard tank more than 1/3. I suppose with the leak that's a good thing .

3. The kitchen slide is rubbing along the bottom edge closest the door and the black fabric wrap is being torn underneath.

A few other misc fit and finish issues, nothing individually major.

My dealer just called me and went over everything so there was no misunderstanding.

Just FYI for other 295RST owners out there to keep an eye out for similar issues.
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #2

We put our 295RST in the shop last week for water leaks, too. We discovered two leaks after hooking up to the city water connection at the state park during our initial shake-down. One leak at the LF corner of the unit drips about once every 20 seconds and the second leak, drips at two locations just forward of the forward left front tire. The dealership is also ordering a new RCA soundbar as we had no video from the DVD nor AM/FM reception during the trip. Lastly, we encountered the auto-leveling system malfunction with all four wheels/tires raised about 2" off the pad on a level surface.

Like you, we love our 5er and, as optimists, we expect resolution hopefully within the next week or so. The key for us is to have it ready for a long haul to the high country this summer.

Let me know hou you fare?
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #3

Scratch, I will let you know for sure.

I found the water dripping right where the low point drains are, I was hoping that perhaps the last elbow into the low points was the source of the leak but now that the underbelly filled I know it wasn't there.

Funny I noticed the AM/FM reception was terrible in our sound bar as well. There was video from the DVD (I popped in the LCI leveling DVD), but I did not watch it. I'll fully test out the sound bar when I get the rig back for sure. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #4

Did either of you peek at the connections in behind the hose hookup Center where the winterizing connections are. I'm wondering if there is a loose fitting leaking under pressure.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #5

Irishrv I did check all fittings in the docking station. They are fine.

The leak is in the underbelly somewhere.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #6

Hopefully, we'll know more tomorrow when I travel down the road to San Antonio and visit with the dealer...
'14 nights camped:
Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #7

Post back and let us know Scratch. Since my dealers 'service person' only called me late yesterday it'll be a while before I hear anything. Then again I'm headed out of town for a bit anyway so I'm good with them having it. Have a look at the under side of both your slides as well.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #8

Will do Newfie. Have a safe trip...
'14 nights camped:
Old 05-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #9

Rick, at Prime Time, is overseeing the corrective actions with my dealer and is also addressing the auto-leveling system. I believe in these PT folks; they actually called us to inquire on our 5W the day after I sent an email in regard to the auto leveler. And they've followed up twice.

Best customer support I've come across and I've been around a while.
'14 nights camped:
Old 05-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #10

I will be VERY interested to hear what is going on with the auto leveling system. I have yet to reach out to Prime Time, but I plan on it.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #11

295 RST issues

I have the same problem when trying to put water in fresh water tank. At about one third level water starts coming back out. My 5'er is a 2014 295 RST. We also have couple of cabinet doors and drawers that won't stay shut. One is because of severe misalignment. It appears on the cabinet half of latch that the wood splintered so it was just moved over and rescrewed. It doesn't even come close to proper alignment. Has anyone tried putting on different latches?

Dave

PS- Any fixes from Primetime on fixing the water tank fill issue?
flyingfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #12

I've been a bit busy and did not follow up at the dealership last week. I know Rick from PT is working with them to identify and correct the issue. I'll check in with them this week.

Sorry to hear of the drawer misalignment problem. I would wager the dealer will get and properly reinstall a new drawer.
'14 nights camped:
Old 05-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #13

I am out of town on business right now but my wife is dropping into the dealer tomorrow.

I have not contacted PT yet, I see no reason to just yet.

My cabinet doors luckily are aligned properly.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #14

correction on my earlier post

I didn't mean the door was misaligned. I meant the latch was misaligned. It appears the half of the latch that was attached to the cabinet splintered out where the screw was placed. So they just moved it over and redrove the screws but did'nt move the other half (on the door). So it is not aligned.
Sorry for the confusion.

Dave
Old 05-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #15

flyingfarmer have you experienced any leaks? Have you used your unit on pump pressure and city water yet?

In a way it is comforting to know that it is not only us that has the issue with the FW not filling.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #16

My wife dropped by the dealer yesterday and she was told the unit is ready for pickup. They found the source of the leak under the sink in the kitchen sink below the floor. They also said the FW tank now fills although they were not specific on what they did to fix that.

My wife didn't ask about the slide issue so I have emailed them.

I will report back once I pick it up next week.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #17

Newfie, I haven't found any water leaks yet. But haven't really used the trailer either.

Dave
Old 05-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #18

Talked with Rick at PT and my dealer this morning. They're checking my rig for similar fresh water fill problems, just in case, and are concentrating on some other issues this week. The dealer is videoing the auto-leveling operation to send to Rick who will coordinate with Lippert in an effort to analyze & correct the 'tires up' thing. No complaints...

Should have our unit back next week in time for our next planned Memorial Day outing.

Very pleased with PT's response and involvement. Much better customer service than experiences over the years with three prior units.
'14 nights camped:
Old 05-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #19

Talked with Rick at PT three times this week. I've never had to call; he keeps me up to speed on the issues. Pretty impressive customer service... Following his call this afternoon, Scott from Crestview RV called to give me specifics on where we stand with the issues identified during our maiden voyage. Here's the laundry list:

1. Auto Leveling System: Scott video'd the operation and sent the data to Rick who worked with them over the phone. Step-by-step recalibration of system... I understand the original settings were well-off where they should have been and following recalibration, it is now functioning correctly.

2. Water Leak(s) left forward side of trailer: Were coming from the hot water heater. Corrected

3. Warped storage compartment door: New door ordered. Await delivery...

4. TV/Sound system: They couldn't get the TV or soundbar to operate. Ordered new TV. RCA no longer makes the soundbar, so they will probably remove one from another unit and replace.

5. Fresh water tank fill issue: Although I'm not aware I have a problem, Rick had them check the fresh water tank vent hose length which is the culprit. Easy fix.

Everyone is on the same page; should have the 5er back next week in time for a Memorial Day Weekend outing. Happy Camper here...
'14 nights camped:
Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #20

Picked up our 295RST from our dealer on Thursday and for the most part we are happy. The leak was fixed, there was a loose fitting underneath the sink in the kitchen. The fresh water fill they say they could not re-produce although I know that when they dropped the underbelly to fix the leak they moved the fresh water vent tube which solved that issue as well.

They re-aligned the kitchen slide but it is hard to tell if it straight now. I will see if the fabric on the bottom of the slide stops wearing.

The other minor fit and finish issues are also solved.

The tech forgot to re-seal the underbelly after cutting right across the trailer. I decided to get my own roll of gorilla tape and seal it myself. I also have to get some expanding foam and re-seal the low point drains. Not a big deal but the dealer should have had more attention to detail.

We've noticed that perhaps the table side slide is also out of adjustment because the gap on it when closed is out by maybe an inch towards the bottom. I will drop by the dealer again and have them look at it.

Overall we are still thrilled with our Prime Time product.