Old 10-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #1

A little help on Cable Television

I am trying to get the rear bedroom TV in our 318bhs to get the cable signal.

Is there any info on the cable routing in the unit.

I have the living room TV working. I moved the cable from the antenna port to the other one in the cabinet above the TV. So how to I get the signal from there to the back TV?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I am going out on a limb here but unless you have 2 coax connectors in the rear bedroom the coax that is back there is only for the "over" the air antenna channels .

TURBS

Old 10-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #3

What year camper do you have?

Newer campers have two coax ports on the outside, one is for CATV and the other is for satellite TV. If you hook the CG CATV to the CATV port and turn off the antenna amp, you should have CATV on all your coax jacks on your camper. I have heard of some new campers coming from the factory with lose or disconnected coax. You may need to pull the coax jacks to make sure they are connected correctly. In the campers I've had the splitter for the coax is behind the switch plate for the antenna amp. It is a PITA to get out.
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAARubicon View Post
I am trying to get the rear bedroom TV in our 318bhs to get the cable signal.

Is there any info on the cable routing in the unit.

I have the living room TV working. I moved the cable from the antenna port to the other one in the cabinet above the TV. So how to I get the signal from there to the back TV?

Thanks in advance.
I'm sure the wiring must be similar to my own if it was to work at all.
The sat downfeed, the cable (shore connection) and the roof Ant. all feed into a 3 way selector to choose the input. A single output from the 3 way switch leads to a 3 output splitter. All this wiring is in a cab usually near the roof ant. The three way output leads feed the LR TV, the bedroom TV and an outside feed for a portable or future TV installation. Those who have Sat ant. say the splitter is not good enough quality and route seperate wiring. Meanwhle your problem sound like the splitter is not connected properly or its defective.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #5

Vince, they may have that type of set up, but I've only heard of that setup on motor-homes. No 3 way switches on any TT's I've owned...
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I feel your pain on this one. After several hours of emails, phone conversations with Forest River Reps. it is this way. The assemblers know thier job so well that they do not use schematics. That being said if your RV has an exterior cable connector and your attenna/cable copntrol button is in the cable position. Without a decoder box at "the" TV, you should have "basic" cable channels. If not, the cable reciptical needs to be taken out of the wall and a trace signal needs to be applied and verified at the destination connection. Good luck and again feeling the pain.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #7

I hope this will help you,due to the fact I had this same problem when I purchased my unit. Behind the antenna amp there is a 3 way way splitter that is probably faulty. It is a pain to work on , I actually put a post last year about this because they give you no slack to take the splitter out. Make sure you tie some string on the cables so the cant fall Into the wall cavity.trust me ,I feel your frustration. I hope that they listened to me about giving a little extra length on the cables. Good luck.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
Commercial Member

HAAR - contact our Customer Service group and we can help you.

Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

PTM
Old 10-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
DS ADV Rider

TV wiring on 301RLS

If your 318 is wired the same as my 301, then what you have is the Cable input and the roof antenna connected to the rear of the wall-plate with the 12V socket. The main TV is fed from the connector on the front that wall-plate, and the bedroom and outside TV are fed from the internal wiring from the wall-plate (via a splitter behind the plate which I can access by removing the fireplace - simple task).

All TVs are fed from the Antenna when the switch is ON, and from the park Cable when the switch is OFF.

The Satellite input runs to the single connector wall-plate near to the TV, and this connects to the Sat Receiver. I need two coax's for my Sat Rec so I use the Cable wiring by using the Wiring Mod posted in the Files Setion. The coax PT used is different for the Sat and Cable runs, but both are RG6 and are good enough for my Shaw DirecTV system.

I did an extra mod and added a RF Modulator behind my Sat Rec which uses an A/V output from the Sat Rec and converts it to RF(coax) that I connector to the modified wall-plate and this feeds the Sat programs to the bedroom and outside TV.

Bob
Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Dualsport, Did you get pics of that mod during the install?

donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote