Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #1

A question for Crusader owners

Where have you put your TV in the master bedroom? Did you mount it on the wall, mount it on the ceiling, or sit it on the dresser? What size fits on the wall?
I noticed that the TV hook ups are in the ceiling. Any help is appreciated.
cthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I haven't bought one for my 320 RLT yet but, I believe a 26" flat screen will fit on the the dresser just above the radio.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #3
Toy-aholic

it's going to depend on which model you are speaking of.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
it's going to depend on which model you are speaking of.
2X....Mine has a decal on the wall near the bathroom sliding door.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #5

TV Mount

We just purchased a 260RLD and the mount in the bedroom was already installed on the ceiling. We did a shakedown overnight a 2 weeks ago. Bought new 19 inch with built in dvd player as our old lcd did not have a dvd player and there is no place to mount one. Worked fine, DW was not to happy as it is on her side of the bed and she conked her head going to the facilities in the dark I would not travel with the tv mounted as I am sure it would "bounce" out of the mount and crash.

Golf
Golflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #6

I too am curious about this.
We ordered a 325RES and part of the included 'Power Package' is for a 32" TV in the master suite. The factory could not comment (strange), and the only info I've been able to get from the dealer is that it's mounted on a swing out on the wall. My guess is it is left or right of the window on the right side of the coach. I've verified the hookups are on the ceiling near the right side wall.
If it's mounted on the ceiling - it's coming off instantly as I will not tolerate the loss of headroom in the bedroom.
Curt Q20

zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zs325RES View Post
I too am curious about this.
We ordered a 325RES and part of the included 'Power Package' is for a 32" TV in the master suite. The factory could not comment (strange), and the only info I've been able to get from the dealer is that it's mounted on a swing out on the wall. My guess is it is left or right of the window on the right side of the coach. I've verified the hookups are on the ceiling near the right side wall.
If it's mounted on the ceiling - it's coming off instantly as I will not tolerate the loss of headroom in the bedroom.
I think since I'm not that familiar with that model I would call or e-mail the factory. You might want to ask the advice of the RV Guy on this site. I wouldn't drill any holes or screw into the wall or ceiling till I got some advice from the factory.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #8

270ret

This model has a nice decal just to the right of the bathroom/bedroom panel that seperates the two rooms..the plugs are usually right above where the re-inforcing panel behind the wall is located..I mounted an 22 LCD w/DVD in that location with a bracket the tilts down and locks in that position..piece of cake..
LKicklight
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #9

Model #

You never mentioned what model you have..that would really help...
LKicklight

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
I think since I'm not that familiar with that model I would call or e-mail the factory. You might want to ask the advice of the RV Guy on this site. I wouldn't drill any holes or screw into the wall or ceiling till I got some advice from the factory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	25227  
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
You never mentioned what model you have..that would really help...
LKicklight
LKicklight, I have a 320 RLT Crusader.

325 RES.... Sorry, somehow I missed your"strange" answer you got from the factory. I'm assuming you have no sticker for placement on the wall or anywhere else for the matter. No overhead mount for me either. I think I would try to talk to someone else at the factory that can give you some direction. I know it has to be frustrating but, keep trying... it's the old squeaky wheel thing.

Rick
Old 03-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #11

We picked up our 325 on Monday. The dealer had the bedroom TV on the dresser with the advice to lay it on the bed for travel. They did not want to mount it on the curb side wall. I did not see any label indicating a place to mount the TV on any wall.

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Congrats on the 325. TV just as well on the bed for travel until you can figure out where to mount it permanently. Enjoy the new Crusader.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #13

The coach we are getting is a 360 BHS. Talked with Primetime today, and the rep told me that the coach was designed for the TV to sit on the dresser. I explained to him that the hook-ups were on the ceiling and he admitted that is wasn't the best design. He also said that the ceiling and the wall next to the window is not designed to have a mount put on them. I expressed my concern that the cable and power cords would be strung from the ceiling to the dresser and he had no solutions. I also talked to my dealer and he suggested that we install a wire chaser to hide the wires up the wall. Any other thoughts?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #14

RV Guy, what do you know on this subject?
Old 03-12-2013, 05:19 AM   #15
Commercial Member

The Crusader bed slide models are designed for the TV to sit on the dresser and there are no provisions in the walls or ceilings for a wall mount.

Our smaller models that do not have bed slides do have either 1) a provision for a wall mount in the interior bath wall at the foot of the bed or a 2) ceiling mounted bracket.

Our Crusader Product Development team has actually been copied on this thread a couple of times as it's grown so they can hear your feedback first hand - thanks.

TVs are not standard in a Crusader so if you're getting a TV as part of a package, it's being provided as an add-on from your dealer.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #16
Toy-aholic

What provision is in the wall? Is it plywood?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #17

Thanks, RV Guy. This is the most authoritative info I've heard yet regarding this.

The sales brochure we got at the GR RV show this January (where we ordered our 325RES) clearly states that the master suite has a complete entertainment center. I've been questioning this ever since:

The Crusader brochure does not specify this, however the radio/CD with speakers in the bedroom is listed as a part of the Power Package, which is one of the packages we did get.

I've been back and forth with the dealer on this and they claim that the TV in the master suite is part of the Power Package. I have copies of multiple e-mails including:
"There is a 32inch LCD TV with AM/FM/CD with speakers in the bedroom which is part of the power package which will be in your coach."

I'm pretty sure they got this one wrong based on what I'm reading here. Now I'm curious how they are going to rectify this.
Curt Q20

zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #18

RV Guy thanks for the info. Our coach does not come with a TV in the master bedroom, so that has never been an issue. It just doesn't make any sense why the electic and cable hook-ups are in the ceiling when there are no supports for it. I think what we are going to do is put the TV on the dresser, and run the cables up the wall in a stick on wire chaser so that we don't have wires just hanging from the ceiling. Thoughts?? I appreciate you sending this to the team, that helps knowing that we have a company that cares. Probably should have put the electric and cable right by the radio in the dresser. May not have been possible just my thought.

Charlie
Old 03-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #19
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Z - This looks like a dealer issue for sure. When you mentioned the TV being part of the Power Pkg I was very confused. I never saw a BR TV being available. Now RV Guy has confirmed I am glad cause I was pretty anal about knowing all the options!

Please let us know how GRV is about making this situation right for you.

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #20
Commercial Member

EXGMTech - 16" X 24" 5/8" OSB
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote