Old 05-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #1

Air Mattress and Freezer questions?

I must start out by saying I LOVE our Crusader. We have been in it 4 nights and it was great! Only a couple of questions. Our air mattress keeps going down. Does anyone else have this problem? The very first night the girls slept on it, it was down by the end of the night.

The next question is our freezer. We are getting a lot of frost in the freezer. We have the 4 door refrigerator. It is frosting up more on the left side (when looking at it).

These definetly don't keep us from camping but just thought I would throw the questions out there.

Thanks in Advance!

Kellie

Brian, Kellie, Breanna & Alyssa
2011 Crusader 320RLT
BC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #2

I can't help you on the freezer question, but sometimes these air mattresses stretch at first. You need a few nights with someone sleeping on them to break them in. Also the cap at the foot of the mattress can leak. I've read where some have placed some cling wrap under the cap and that seemed to help.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #3

Haven't noticed a problem with the mattress. We've used it on 4 trips. I have a different fridge than you but I sometimes will get ice on the coils but no frost in the freezer. I only use turn the fridge on a day or so before a trip and turn it off when we get back home. So far it hasn't ran more than 5 days at a time.

Jason and Billie
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4X4, QC/SB 5.9L Cummins
15k non-sliding Hidden Hitch (they lied, it's not hidden at all)
2011 Prime Time Crusader 320RLT
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #4

The frost build up in freezers is caused by humidity. If you frequently open one door more than the other in humid weather, that side will accumulate more frost. If you are right handed you probably open the left side more often since that would leave your dominate hand to retrieve the item. Thus resulting in the left freezer having a heavier coating of frost.
I may be completely wrong but dang it sure sounded plausible as I was writing it.
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #5

Kelli: Ours did the same thing, I was so upset we got up and was ready to pitch it out the door, when my WIFE noticed the large air dump plug at the opposite end of the motor was not tighten down and we tighted it and it did not leak after that ??? Might check ??? P.S. have fun camping <;-)
Old 05-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevea1956 View Post
I may be completely wrong but dang it sure sounded plausible as I was writing it.
Sounded good to me also. Thanks for the chuckle. Keep having fun!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #7

freezer

I read somewhere on this forum, that when opening the fridge door, you have to also open the freezer door at the same time. It's about the pressure. When doing this you won't get frost on the coils. It works for us, and we've never had this problem. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC11 View Post
I must start out by saying I LOVE our Crusader. We have been in it 4 nights and it was great! Only a couple of questions. Our air mattress keeps going down. Does anyone else have this problem? The very first night the girls slept on it, it was down by the end of the night.

The next question is our freezer. We are getting a lot of frost in the freezer. We have the 4 door refrigerator. It is frosting up more on the left side (when looking at it).

These definetly don't keep us from camping but just thought I would throw the questions out there.

Thanks in Advance!

Kellie

Tags
air mattress