Old 12-26-2018, 09:50 PM   #1

Antenna hookup in bedroom

Hi All
Getting things working in my new to me 2016 295 RST. I purchased a tv for the bedroom. I have 4 over the air channels in the living room but none when I connect to the provided antenna connection in the bedroom. Is there some hidden connection I need to make? Seems there would need to be a splitter somewhere for the signal to get to both TV's.
Thanking you in advance

Mark

Irish Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:54 PM   #2

Wow I will check my extra hook ups . Take the hook up out make sure there is a wire on the end

Cotice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:22 PM   #3

I swapped out the working coax cable with the dollar store one I had just purchased for the bedroom TV and it works. I was too lazy to make one up..... So it was just the new cable that was bad.. So much for the dollar store cables. I will make one up myself like I should have.

Thanks
Old 12-27-2018, 10:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Mist View Post
Hi All
Getting things working in my new to me 2016 295 RST. I purchased a tv for the bedroom. I have 4 over the air channels in the living room but none when I connect to the provided antenna connection in the bedroom. Is there some hidden connection I need to make? Seems there would need to be a splitter somewhere for the signal to get to both TV's.
Thanking you in advance

Mark

I have a 2013 295RST and I also added a TV in the bedroom. Works well. I think the split is behind the power antenna switch which is on the right side of the entertainment TV area.

2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2013 PT Crusader 295RST TE
GeoArm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 04:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Hi All
Thanking you in advance

Mark
Be sure the power boost button at main TV is ON. The power amp is usually also the split-er.
2017 Sandstorm 250 TH, with
8 wheel TST TPMS and
The Hot Air Balloon RESTLESS
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 05:38 AM   #6

Quote:
I swapped out the working coax cable with the dollar store one I had just purchased for the bedroom TV and it works. I was too lazy to make one up..... So it was just the new cable that was bad.. So much for the dollar store cables. I will make one up myself like I should have.

Thanks
I hate to be trite, but it sounds like you got what you paid for at the Dollar Store.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:42 PM   #7

My splitter in my 330rst was behind the tv connection in the bedroom. It should be behind the first TV connection plate in line from your cable hookups.
calgarycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #8

Thanks everyone
Yes the splitter is behind the main tv, and if the booster is off there is no reception at all.
And Douglas you are correct got what I paid for On close inspection the dollar store cable the centre cable was short on each end so it could not make contact when inserted into the connection.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:18 PM   #9

If any consolation, same issue with our Sanibel 3601, Cable provided in Bedroom was bad, replaced with one I had in the shop at home. Fixed

GGOSSLER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, bed, roo