Old 09-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #11
Happy Camper

I purchased a new Lacrosse this past June from McGeorge's. I was pleased with the final sale price and I received a fair trade-in. Haven't had any issues post sale. Haven't had to take it back for anything!

2015 Prime Time, Lacrosse 324RST Touring Edition, Travel Trailer
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Big Horn Laramie, 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel

Old 11-12-2014, 04:58 AM   #12

So after buying our new Primetime tracer from mcgeorge's (where the sales experience was wonderful) we have had some post sale issues. First the brand new leveling hitch I purchased and paid for them to install was installed incorrectly and after pulling the camper 100 miles my truck was so hard to drive that I had to get my tools out call the manufacturer of the hitch and get them to walk me through how to set it up properly. The camper pulls like a dream now and after telling this to the service manager at mcgeorge's I was met with an "I don't care attitude". Now our motorized awning is not working correctly and the gas valve on the refer won't work and the screen door handle broke off. Took the unit back to mcgeorge, they had it for 3 weeks never called me to tell me what was going on despite me leaving messages and when they finally called all the guy on the other end of the phone could tell me was it was ready for pick up. I had to pick it up after hours b/c of work and when I got there my unit was left unlocked and one of the storage doors was open! The next day (b/c it was dark when I picked it up) I went to check everything out and it seems they did no work on the unit when they had it. There was a new screen door latch laying in the floor which I guess I'm supposed to put on, and the refer still won't light and the awning still won't work. I called them and was told b/c the unit is under the mfg. warranty they can only do what forest river lets them and everything was "within spec" and if I still had problems I needed to call forest river. Are you kidding me! After getting a little upset I was told I would be transferred to a supervisor which went strait to voicemail so I left a voicemail, that was 3 days ago with no response. Bottom line mcgeorge's has run out of chances with me, will never buy from them again and it's a shame b/c my salesman Alvin was awesome.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:22 AM   #13

Sorry to hear this... I purchased our 3200BHT from them 2 years ago and only had to go back once for a broken grey tank valve. Took care of it in a few days. Wouldn't hurt to talk to someone different, perhaps Kevin. He's the one who took care of me.
I do on occasion go back there for parts that i can't otherwise find someplace else.... that's about all i use them for now.... everything else, you learn on your own or ask through here!!
BlueOX SwayPro (used when hauling cart too)
TomStacey616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #14

Whoof that is a bad experience hope your in better shape now, I decided not to go to a 5er this time around all my friends have RV's so when I go camping it is only the GF and myself so going from a 28 foot Shasta TT to a Rockwood Roo 23IKSS Hybrid still working on selling mine now that the season is over and hope to get a deal on. 2015 after the new year

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-12-2014, 08:41 AM   #15

I have found that no matter where you go sales and service fluctuate. I did not buy from them, but they where in the bid running for my 2014 Sanibel. Stoltzfus won out in the end, but when you talk to locals they say that McGeorge is one of the better places in the area to go for a FR product. Service has fluctuated drastically over the years and I blam the service writers being lazy. I started with really bad service experience with Stoltzfus, but they let that Service writer go and his replacement has been at the level of service I would expect.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:35 PM   #16

Update! We bought from McGeorge's not only did we get the price we wanted for our trade they matched the price on a fully loaded late 2015 Saphire 23IKSS. We had some small issues which they have been able to resolve and the whole deal was easy and painless with them. So far nothing but good things to say, however we will see how it goes getting some minor issues resolved at the end of camping season. A Happy Camper I am though, Love this Roo and Layout.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 10-04-2015, 09:21 AM   #17

We bought from McGeorge's too - yesterday. We received a military discount & a few more dollars off. Looking at some Internet info, the price seemed to be really good.

I am wondering - are the prices at McGeorge's negotiable? Some people say yes, others say no.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMom View Post
We bought from McGeorge's too - yesterday. We received a military discount & a few more dollars off. Looking at some Internet info, the price seemed to be really good.

I am wondering - are the prices at McGeorge's negotiable? Some people say yes, others say no.

Yes we could not beat the deal for our trade and price on our fully loaded 2015 Roo 23IKSS, I was very happy, dealers in NJ, PA could not come close and most of their models were not fully loaded.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 06-29-2016, 12:55 PM   #19

Great Experience at McGeorge's RV

I've had no problems buying from these folks. Lots of used rvs to choose from too.

~Kevin
Old 07-30-2016, 07:41 AM   #20

We have purchased our last 2 5ers from them. Great sales experience, but I can't say the same for service. When you go to pick-up expect to spend most of the day, the techs love to leave things half done, did not finish battery install, nor did they properly wash the camper. If you do buy from them, ask for Lyn, he will get you a good deal.