Old 09-25-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
Anyone buy from McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV in Virginia

I am thinking of driving down to VA from NJ they have a 2014 Crusader 294 for $29,995?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
I did not buy from them, but only because we couldn't get to a close number on my trade. I had a little trouble reaching them via email and to be honest in my year or so of shopping I found it amazing how many RV dealers didn't respond to emails to quickly.

With that being said, if you call down there, they are super helpful. Of course, they are trying to sell campers but, it's a family owned business, the two brothers run the place now. One brother runs the day to day stuff and the other brother loves people and works in sales. When we were trying to get close on a deal, he was returning calls to me at 9 and 10pm from his house on his cell phone.

I'm sure he might do it for anyone and again, it's all part of the sale but, he offered to put my family and I up for the night in the campground across the street from the dealer and he'd pay for it why they got the new camper ready. Again, part of the sale but, nice offer.

His inventory does seem to move quickly, he does give the line, it might not be here in a few days and from what I have seen he's not really lying. He said he has people coming from NJ, PA, NY, etc and he loves meeting everyone personally.

If they could have gotten closer, I wouldn't have hesitated the drive down. I thought he was really fair.

Good luck to you and let us know what you decide!

2012 Keystone Sprinter
Still sticking around for the good people and advice.
Flagstaffer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
We stopped at McGeorge's on our way back from the Outer banks 2 summers ago. We actually drove past their lot right off the hwy, got off the next exit and turned around. They had plenty of new models but few used 5er's that we liked. Thank God for golf carts 'cause they had quite the sales yard. Good luck in your search. I'd keep them on my short list if I were ready to buy again.
2010 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel 34SATS "The Beast"
2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L Diesel
2003 Harley Heritage Softail "Hogzilla"
1988 Harley Softail Custom "The Fireman"
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
I did, I visited just about everyone in Richmond and surrounding areas and was most impressed with mcgeorge rolling hills. Plus they met my criteria for what I wanted and gave me options and when they didn't have what I wanted on site ordered it for me without a deposit. Just a class a operation.
dscmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:50 AM   #5
If you are not worried about after the sales service and can get a good deal go for it. As always warranty work else where could be a issue.
Here is a review site on service work,
RV Service Reviews=
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:31 AM   #6
We just bought an Avenger 32RED from them last month. We have been very happy with them so far. Brenton was our sales rep and he was awesome. PM me if you want more details.
Luckyme502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Do your homework. if 1 of the online discount RV companies sell that unit, price it out through them. If it is several thousand dollars less, then negotiate with McGeorges. Do a Google search of that model, and see what other dealers how the other dealers have that unit priced.

I always check out their units at the Richmond RV Show....they take up an entire building. The prices seem competitive at the show, but again, do your homework.

I went there 1 time to view smaller trailers. The salesman asked what I was driving (my current F150), I told him, and he said "you can tow any unit on this lot with that". Needless to say, I didn't buy from them......that time......but I may in the future if they have the model I want at the right price. You have to take control of the situation, and don't let the salespeople bully you.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #8
Site Team
I have been amazed at what saying no and walking away can do for price. And don't forget the toy's .
Next year is here - GO CUBS- 5 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 86 nights of camping
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #9
My first RV I made some mistakes local dealer took advantage of the fact I was not sure if things but rest assured the next and final Crusader with be for the price and options I want even if I have to go at it a few months to get what I want, and get all I can for free but main thing is price and craftsmanship of the RV, looked at a lot over the year PT Crusader 294 fits all my needs perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #10
I purchased a 2012 Sanibel 3500 fifth wheel from McGeorge's. Good price and excellent service. When I took the trailer in for routine service work, they identified a frame issue and were able to repair it on site within a week. Many others are having to send their trailers back to the factory for the same issue. I am a full timer and their quick turn and support was excellent. My salesman Mark "Taz" Tazelaar also provided excellent follow on service with little maintenance and familiarization issues with the trailer. I highly recommend them.

Oldcamp1986 is offline   Reply With Quote