Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #1

anyone else with a Tracer 230FBS?

just curious if anyone out there has a PT Tracer 230FBS? I was hoping to get some reports on camping experiences, do's and don'ts, reviews etc.. thanks
Old 06-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #2

I am about to be a 230FBS owner (July 10,2013). I see you are an owner for 2 years now, so what do you have to say about your unit and /or problems.
Klemintine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #3

We got our Tracer 230fbs in March. We have already camped 4 weekends in it and are leaving next week for 5 nights. We absolutely love it. We researched different trailer models and options for over a year before purchasing our Tracer. We are extremely happy with our decision. We determined that an outside kitchen was a must have. It is so nice to be able to cook outside on the stove and on the grill at the same time.
The one mod that I am planning on doing is replacing the outside fridge with a smaller one and building a shelf to place it on. That way I will have more counter space and will be able to open the fridge while cooking on the stove.
So far we haven't had any issues with the trailer. It is a very nice size for the two of us.

Bill and Debbie
2013 Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
TV: 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Camped 2013 - 34 nights 2014 - 26 nights
2015 - 21 nights
bolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #4

Count us among the happy Tracer 230FBS owners! We love our trailer. We also looked for a long time and at a lot of different models. Very confident that we made the right choice. We always get comments from passers-by about our outdoor kitchen and the bumper mounted grill.
2012 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
Nights camped in 2013: 22 and counting...
RVTexasYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #5

We have had ours for over a year with only one problem, the oven will not lite. We are currently about 2500 miles into a cross country camping trip. The trailer has the best layout and features we found so far. I have made a number of mods, ie. new indoor and outdoor faucets, under dining bench access panels and a drawer, mounted a bumper bike rack, adjusted the slide cables, additional shelfs in: pantry, over sink cabinet, bathroom cabinet and under bathroom sink cabinet. Best feature is the outdoor kitchen.
CamperJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #6

Went out for the 3rd time with our new 230FBS and had our FIRST problem with the unit. Went to dump the black tank and the plastic handle came off in my hand. The brass insert stayed on the rod. Able to dump by pulling the rod out with pliers. The brass insert was threaded on the rod and secured with locktite. Took 2 vice grips to screw off. Called my dealer (Mound View RV Belmont Wi...The BEST) and they said they have Aluminum handles to thread on. A little locktite and they should be better than new. I'm fortunate to have a quality dealer only 40 miles away. This being our only problem says a lot about Prime Time quality and my dealers service before delivery.

Made a few mod after our second outing. Removed the large ref from the outdoor kitchen and replaced it with a 2 cu ft unit. Built a shelf and the ref is in the upper corner leaving a nice open counter area under it. The ref is accessible now with the stove in use. Replaced the shower head with an Oxygenic unit. This is a "must do"!!! You will not be sorry. Added extra shelves in cabinet in bathroom and cabinet over sink. Put a "rail" on each side of the cavity under the bed and found tubs at Walmart to fit on these rails so we can slide the top two and get access to the bottom three tubs.

We ordered the unit from Prime Time without the dinette area...Nothing in the roll out area except carpeting. We added two swivel, wall hugger recliners with attached side tables in this area. This worked out very well for us.......Really like our 230FBS, perfect for 2 "old folks".
Old 09-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #7

We are so happy with our Tracer 230FBS. The one thing that we have said from day one is that we need to change the outside fridge to a smaller one to gain extra counter space and also to be able to open the fridge when using the stove.
The customer service at prime time is wonderful. We were concerned that we have been seeing the newer trailers pictured with straps on the television. We emailed prime time and they said that they should have been included and sent us the straps. The only other problem that we have had was the awning arm was sticking when going in and out and that was replaced by the dealer.
It would be nice to add shelves to the bathroom and over the sink cabinents.
We added battery led lights to the inside of the cabinents.
We absolutely love our home away from home. It is perfect for us.

Bill and Debbie
2015 - 21 nights
Old 02-13-2014, 09:50 PM   #8

Hello 230FBS owners;
We are looking at rear bath/front bedroom models such as the Tracer 230FBS and Tracer 235Air. The 235AIR has a larger bathroom, but no entertainment center. The 230FBS has the entertainment center but a smaller bath.
How has the bath layout worked out for those that own the 230FBS?
Thanks!
Henboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #9

The bathroom has been fine for us. The shower is a good size and with the glass doors it is very usable. I like the large cabinet in the bathroom. We also like having the bed behind the entertainment center. The best feature that is different in the models is the outside kitchen in the 230fbs. For us that was a must have. Our camping is cooking outside, not inside (unless it is miserable out). Our little home away from home is perfect for us. We can't wait to be reunited with it!

Bill and Debbie
2015 - 21 nights
Old 02-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #10

We are pleased with the 230 FBS. We added a shelf to the large cabinet in the bathroom, so it now is very useful. The entertainment center with the wood sliding doors is great. We put an over the door clothes hanger on each door on the bedroom side, to store the few hanging clothes we need while camping. We actually like this arrangement better than a "space consuming" wardrobe closet. After putting a smaller refrig in the outdoor kitchen we now have an ideal arrangement! Best two person camper!
Old 02-01-2015, 12:12 PM   #11

Love our Tracer 230FBS

We did built a shelf and put in a smaller fridge so we can have more counter space in the outdoor kitchen. I also want to put a shelf in the bathroom cabinet and in the cabinet above the kitchen sink. We added a trailer hitch so we can bring our bikes, added vent covers and an awning for the slide, changed all the lights to LED lights and added a LED strip light to the awning.
Looking forward to go camping!
Attached Images

I don't get homesick. I get camp sick. Let's go!
Guylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #12

Would be very nice to see how you installed your hitch

Hi Guylene, I like the modifications you did. Please, can you post a picture of the hitch you installed on your Tracer 230? Thanks.
PierreMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierreMichael View Post
Hi Guylene, I like the modifications you did. Please, can you post a picture of the hitch you installed on your Tracer 230? Thanks.
Thank you! I will post a picture of the hitch when I get home in a couple of weeks.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:28 PM   #14

My hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guylene View Post
Thank you! I will post a picture of the hitch when I get home in a couple of weeks.
/Users/guyleneleroux/Desktop/Work/IMG_4177.JPG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4177.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	70952  

Old 08-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #15

Klemintine
Do remember the dimensions of the inside slide out, thinking about taking the dinette out and doing what you did, great idea
Chuck
Chuck.Stephenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:23 PM   #16

dimension of inside slide out

Sorry for late reply ... been camping for the past 2 weeks. Anyway the depth is 36 inches and the width is 87 inches. This is our third summer in this camper and we are not the least bit sorry we eliminated the dining area and replaced with 2 recliners (wall huggers, and they swivel, very important!)
Old 08-24-2015, 03:53 PM   #17

Can you send pictures of your wall huggers in your FB230, thanks for the measurements
Chuck.Stephenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:40 PM   #18

First time owners

I just purchased a 2012 230FBS in excellent condition and the outside kitchen was a must as most of our time is spent camping. As long time dirt campers and first time TT owner we on a very steep learning curve.
The first thing I did was purchase and installed a eaz-lift weight distribution and sway control hitch system. Towing it from Utah where we purchased it, across Nevada to California in heavy crosswinds made me a believer in this system. However, the wind took a toll on my fuel mileage on my F-250 V-10.
Today I learned how to use the stabilizers and realized right away an upgrade is a must if we are to continue dry camping. They are cheaply made, flex easily and any weight on them will cause the jacking rod to unscrew unless it is at least 75% extended.
The bumper mounted spare tire and bracket will be removed and replaced with a hitch mounted platform for my generator.
We haven't even slept in it yet but my wife has already purchased a foam mattress topper for the bed.
We bought this from RV's of America in America Fork, UT. sight unseen except for a video and we are very happy with our choice.
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:49 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guylene View Post
We did built a shelf and put in a smaller fridge so we can have more counter space in the outdoor kitchen. I also want to put a shelf in the bathroom cabinet and in the cabinet above the kitchen sink. We added a trailer hitch so we can bring our bikes, added vent covers and an awning for the slide, changed all the lights to LED lights and added a LED strip light to the awning.
Looking forward to go camping!
That is awesome, now I have a project for the outside kitchen. I've never liked the original arrangement.
I would be interested in seeing a picture of your slide out awning and vent covers.
Thanks for sharing!
Phil
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:02 PM   #20

Loving our Tracer!
Thought someone was using a jackhammer the first time we used the water pump, but some well placed pipe insulation made a huge difference..
Bathroom layout is good, but definitely recommend the Oxygenics shower head upgrade. Makes it almost as good as home shower!
Zero problems (knock on wood) with first year and 30+ nights..
Outside fridge and cabinet shelves are a future upgrade/mod!