Old 03-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #1

Question Anyone using centramatic balancers?

I emailed the prime time factory ... But is anyone using centramatic balancers?

When I talked to centramatic, they said I needed 12 3/4" clear inside of the rim.

But the aluminum rims on my lacrosse 318bhs have a complex curve on the inside of the rim and I'm not sure I'm measuring correctly.

Anyone?

Minooka, IL.
checca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #2

Bump?

Minooka, IL.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by checca View Post
I emailed the prime time factory ... But is anyone using centramatic balancers?

When I talked to centramatic, they said I needed 12 3/4" clear inside of the rim.

But the aluminum rims on my lacrosse 318bhs have a complex curve on the inside of the rim and I'm not sure I'm measuring correctly.

Anyone?
I can fathom the purpose of the balancers but why bother with the expense? RV tires normally fail due to age or overload/abuse. Never heard of balance being a primary wear problem?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #4

I found with my other trailers ( cargo and travel ). Balanced tires keep stuff from moving around in the trailer. They also tow better on rough roads or in weather. I was hoping to use the automatic balancers instead of getting weights added to the nice rims.
Minooka, IL.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #5

Quote:
I found with my other trailers ( cargo and travel ). Balanced tires keep stuff from moving around in the trailer. They also tow better on rough roads or in weather. I was hoping to use the automatic balancers instead of getting weights added to the nice rims.
I think I'd ask for back mounted weights, any advertisement that uses 4 color press (offsets) or more is very suspicious to me. As a trained Marine Engineer I find the website very sketchy and full of crazy claims. No offense meant here this just adds more weight to the un-sprung axles......
Agree "balanced tires"... just not sure these are as effective as claimed, also noted "one size fits all", read as design, and same price from 5" to 24" withing 10 bucks! Just wondering?
Old 03-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #6

I would agree, but I work in IT for a long haul trucking company, our trucks with them on the steer tires go 40% more miles, then the trucks without them installed. I know there are a lot of variables, between drivers, trucks, and loads. But the data is very consistent. i would hope the same results on my travel trailer and keep stuff from shifting around inside. I've used wheel weights on my cargo trailer with great success in the past. Since no one here has tried them, I hope the factory will get back to me.
Minooka, IL.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #7

I 'bead-balanced' my tires.
Seems to be a tried-and-true older method, and cheap.
All of the school buses and a lot of truckers use them in our area.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #8

Was thinking about them too.
Minooka, IL.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #9

Quote:
I really do not understand why people do not balance trailer tires. When I bought my new Marathrons I was asked if I wanted them balanced I said yes. He said to me he thought he would ask because atleast 70% of people buying tires for there TT say no. They mounted the weights on the inside of the rims.......
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #10

When I messed up a tire recently, they asked if I wanted the new one balanced and I said yes, thinking that the old one was balanced by the factory. After that, the balanced tire seemed to indicate a consistently lower temperature on my TPMS compared to the tire on that same side on the other axle. (This could be other factors.)

I later realized that the tires are *not* balanced by the factory. I've had one other balanced since then and will continue to do that as I get the chance. They put weights on the inside of the rims (the stick-on kind).