Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #1

Are all vents framed the same in a Tracer 2900 BHS

I have 2012 2900BHS and would like to install a 2nd A/C. Of course the trailer isn't wired for a 2nd A/C and not sure if the vents are framed the same in order to handle the 2nd A/C weight. Does anyone know if the vents are all framed the same or just the one with the A/C is reinforced? When it's 103 in West Texas I need all the cooling I can get.
gimp425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I think the extra bracing, wiring and 50A service is part of the option for the prep or installation of the 2nd AC. Hopefully RVGuy will be along to answer your question...if his hasn't responded in a couple of day, try sending him a PM.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #3

Do you have 50-amp service on your RV, or 30-amp service? If you have 30-amp, you can forget it. It's a major change to convert to 50-amp. (Not saying it can't be done, but it would have to be done by a dealer or certified RV electrician and will cost a bundle.)
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame, vent