Old 05-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #1

Question Avenger 33BHS

Hello all
We are heading out to look at an Avenger 33BHS this weekend and have a couple of questions that I hope some here may be able to answer Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels
The specs seem to indicate a very low CCC at the base level let alone after the Touring Edition upgrades
Base Weight 8,237 lb. (3,736 kg )
Cargo Carrying Capacity 1,352 lb. (613 kg )
If anyone has one of these could you post the real numbers as we are almost 600lbs of people alone on an average camping trip let alone the kit we bring.
The dealer here has offered to replace the accordion doors for the bunk house with a solid wood slider has any one modified or replace the accordion doors on their camper
The images seem to indicate very small outside storage doors any comments or issue with these
Any issue with getting heat/AC equalized across the various zones does the heated underbelly have a big impact on the temp across the trailer i.e. low heat flow to the areas that share ducting to the underbelly

Thank
sr

Old 05-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The ONLY way to know where your at with your unit is making a trip to the scales.

Camper should be loaded ready to camp as well as your tv .

This is the only way to know for sure in your scenario.

Base weight or uvw is worthless as after it leaves the factory this number goes up even higher before you pull it off the dealers lot.
Propane tanks get filled at dealer.
Battery and other items get installed there.

Fyi normal average end user installed weight is 1000 lbs.

You may find you'll have to trim some fat from what you carry with you in your camper.

You definitely DO NOT want to overload especially with such a low ccc trailer.

Scales scales scales.

Turbs

Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #3

I agree - the current setup has close almost 2500lbs CCC so this would be a big drop in available capacity with a huge increasing the interior space. Prime Time does not post a GVWR but I have to assume it is ~9500lbs from the info provided - leaving as little as 1000lbs for people and gear or in our case a negative number after full water and people (no towels)
Old 05-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreddy View Post
I agree - the current setup has close almost 2500lbs CCC so this would be a big drop in available capacity with a huge increasing the interior space. Prime Time does not post a GVWR but I have to assume it is ~9500lbs from the info provided - leaving as little as 1000lbs for people and gear or in our case a negative number after full water and people (no towels)
You don't add people weight in the ccc of your camper.
Just the items that are there when traveling down the road such as.

Food
Clothes
Chairs
Cooking utensils
Sheets/pillows/blankets
Toiletries

Also keep in mind that your water heater "depending" on size 6 or 10 gallon if you leave it full weighs 40-70 lbs.

Are you planning on dry camping ?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #5

Not dry camping per say - but often electric only so we pull in with fresh water full.
if we take the people weight out the guessed CCC of 600lbs (after water) we could manage - but I don't see how the people weight can be removed from the CCC when we are in there
Old 05-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Not dry camping per say - but often electric only so we pull in with fresh water full.
if we take the people weight out the guessed CCC of 600lbs (after water) we could manage - but I don't see how the people weight can be removed from the CCC when we are in there
I understand your thinking, but they don't consider at least from my knowledge
"People" as part of the ccc of your camper.
As I've said before the ccc is there for traveling down the road for the axle ratings.

Not sure of your fw capacity but normally its around 30 gallons which is another 180 lbs + and that doesn't include your water heater capacity weight either.

I think your going to have to be very diligent on what you put in your camper and get it to the scales.

Turbs
Old 05-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Ccc and people would normally only really apply to a mh.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 AM   #8

Quote:

People have no bearing on the ccc of the camper. Since they ride in the tow vehicle, there is no people weight on the trailer.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #9
Commercial Member

In a PM, I was asked to comment on this thread. As many posters above have stated, the occupants of the TV do NOT count against the CCC of a TT or FW.

Hope this helps.

PTM
Old 05-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #10

Thanks all.
CCC= Rolling weight - I was using the term interchangeably with payload which is not listed for this unit

Understanding RV Weights :
Payload is a weight rating. It is the maximum weight that persons plus cargo should never exceed.
sr