Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2017, 09:19 AM   #1

Avenger ATI

Just purchased the Avenger ATI 26bk, dealership let me keep it on there lot till the snow melts. I just started looking at reviews and for the few that are out there are poor reviews. Has anybody here had positive experiences with these campers. From what I have read there seems to be little to no quality assurance or customer service.
s2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2111 View Post
Just purchased the Avenger ATI 26bk, dealership let me keep it on there lot till the snow melts. I just started looking at reviews and for the few that are out there are poor reviews. Has anybody here had positive experiences with these campers. From what I have read there seems to be little to no quality assurance or customer service.
Do a good PDI, pay attention to what they show you. Give us your opinion on quality assurance and customer service.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #3

We bought a ATI 27DBS and we had a 2006 Keystone Outback 28RSDS prior to that. The Outback seemed more solid to me that the Avenger.

But anyway, we have had minor issues with the Avenger so far (only took it out twice):
- Replaced a blown outside speaker. Did it myself (had extra speakers and didn't feel like returning to the dealer for that). Unfortunately we didn't test the outside speakers with the dealer during PDI.

- Replaced silicone caulking around the tub. Seemed like they didn't use enough.

- Need a hammer to unhitch the coupler. I do use lube. The thing will never unlock even my moving the TV back and forth a little. I haven't looked much in to this yet. Probably needs adjustment.

- Top wood trim isn't nailed down/glued in the bedroom next to the door.

- Dometic fridge is no longer running on AC. Propane only. Tested control points according to Dometic service manual and the control board isn't detecting AC power. Researching the problem, it seems to be a common thing.

- Every light covers have saw dust in them. Not a big deal but gives an idea on how much time they spend cleaning up.

Other non-issues:
- Replaced indoor speakers. Sounds better (to the best that it can, the Head Unit isn't that great).

- Installed another DVD player. The factory one uses composite video.

- Replaced tires with Maxxis 8008.

And I miss my electric jack.

'17: 42
'18: 25
Dan_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:28 PM   #4

We have a 28 dbs. 20k miles on it not a thing has malfunctioned on it. Tows good, good size for parks. I'm always amazed all the problems every one has with their rigs. Guess we've just been lucky so far. It is a little difficult to get the water flowing on it's own since I drain it every time but I've got it down to a science now. Good luck and talk to it. It seems to help.
Powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
We have a 28 dbs. 20k miles on it not a thing has malfunctioned on it. Tows good, good size for parks. I'm always amazed all the problems every one has with their rigs. Guess we've just been lucky so far. It is a little difficult to get the water flowing on it's own since I drain it every time but I've got it down to a science now. Good luck and talk to it. It seems to help.

As opposed to cussing at it??
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:22 AM   #6

Avenger issuses

We have a 2014 Avenger 27RLS Touring Edition. Make sure your shower/tub drain is connected to you plumbing! We were three showers in to ours before we saw water dripping under our trailer.
Window gasket on window over kitchen sink was installed upside down with expansion gap on the TOP of the window Window leaked for almost a year before I find the problem. My dealer couldn't find it when it wasn't raining... imagine that.I found it on a sunny day with a ladder!
Fake wood face is peeling of of all drawer fronts.
Dinette back broke loose from wall brace, 1/4 inch staples through 1/8 inch luan into brace.
Bedroom heat vent never connected. The first time we turned the furnace on it filled the trailer with sawdust.
Both door windows had to be resealed by dealer.

I can't see Prime Time ever getting any of our money again.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_M View Post
- Dometic fridge is no longer running on AC. Propane only. Tested control points according to Dometic service manual and the control board isn't detecting AC power. Researching the problem, it seems to be a common thing.
Well turned on the fridge this evening to prepare for this weekend and didn't hear the DSI click or propane flow (usually can hear the flame). Heart skipped a couple beats thinking the fridge was 100% dead.

To the benefit of the doubt I let it run then after 15 minutes or so I opened the back cover and felt the chimney getting warm. Couple of hours later, freezer was cold enough for me to start making ice...

On another note, we still enjoy our Avenger and didn't run into new issues.

'17: 42
'18: 25
Dan_M is offline   Reply With Quote