Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2018, 09:52 PM   #1

Avenger ATI 27RKS

Hi Everyone,

We just traded our 2016 Wildwood 241QBXL for a Primetime Avenger ATI 27RKS. I LOVED the roominess and style, and admittedly bought on impulse. Reading some of the many issues on Facebook and here with Primetime trailers makes me curious as to if any of you have this trailer and what your thoughts are.

We bought the trailer on May 10, and took it right to the beach. While there, we noted a problem with the water heater, and so we took it to General RV in Ashland, VA to be serviced (replaced the circuit board). While there, my husband was asked if he knew the rear window had shattered.....no, we did not and we had been looking at things all around. They decided to replace it under warranty, but we were cautioned not to take it on the road. (Of course as soon as we left---even with the crash tape---the window fell into the bedroom.) We've been planning a trip to Charleston for our 41st anniversary....no window yet. So my husband went to an RV glass place bought lexan, and replaced the broken pane himself until they can get the replacement in. He did a good job but this is a BRAND NEW TRAILER, and I am not ready for stuff like that on it.

So hoping we won't run into anymore snags. We are considering replacing the tires with Goodyear endurance tires. (Too much talk about China bombs.)

Anything else we should know about this trailer? I STILL love the layout! Reminds me of a hotel on wheels.

Vicki from Montpelier, VA
Pulled with a Ford F250

PS--We added an electric jack (we missed it as the Wildwood had one, a spare tire cover, and propane covers along with a couple of roof vents.)
Vicki P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:02 AM   #2

Update: New window has shipped!!!!

It will arrive at the dealership on Monday, June 4! Yay!
Old 06-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #3

I haven't had an ATI 27RKS, but did have an Avenger 28RKS. We really liked it. We did have a problem with the heater, also. They replaced the controller board and it worked fine after that. Never had a window blow up on us, though.

The only reason we got rid of it was, the DW found a Crusader she just couldn't live without.

The China bombs are pretty unreliable. We had our about 18 months, were fastidious about the tire pressure, and two began to separate. Therefore, I put on four carlisles. They also have a very good reputation.

I did a lot of research, prior to buying our first Avenger, and overall, they seem to have a good reputation. We had two a 21RB (prior to that model moving to ATI) and the 28RKS. We liked both.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #4

Thank you!

We have ours parked outside just waiting to go next Friday. I even went in and made up the bed. It is good to read some good stuff about this as this was an impulse buy if ever I saw one. Looked at the used Forest River Surveyor, but fell head over heels in love with the brand new Avenger ATI.

Vicki
Old 06-03-2018, 04:16 PM   #5
Nev
Nev

We purchased a new Avenger 28rks in 2014. Still have it & only issue we have is the DVD player didn’t work. They replaced under warranty but still want to find a better one. I am thinking about changing out tires with being fours now.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
Nev
Nev

Fours years on tires
Old 08-01-2018, 04:48 PM   #7

Ati 27rks problems

I bought my avenger ati 27 rks last may, 2017
have noticed a few things
1) check out the a/c vents, the duct work covers up the grills outlets, might need to trim the duct work then seal with a/c foil tape
2) also check the heater floor ducts, not sealed to the grills, could put my hand between the floor and the duct
3) no heat duct in bathroom, installed one myself
4) remove the return air grill under the frig, and look to the right, behind the circuit panel. I had left over cutout plywood that was hanging up my power cord from coming out
5) most important:
Take off your propane tanks, the plate is only held on by 4 small self tapping screws. Three of mine were broke off and my tanks almost fell off the tongue
tohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki P View Post
It will arrive at the dealership on Monday, June 4! Yay!

Window fixed yet?
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #9

Still loving it overall

Avenger ATI 27 RKS 2018

We got the window replaced without problem. We had the hotwater heater go out 2x, and turned out to be a circuit board which was fixed. They have fixed and now replaced our micro-wave, but that has to go in again. It is still not working.

We replaced our China Bomb tires, put on a propane cover, a wheel cover in back, an air-conditioner vent, and changed the hitch to electric. We also had to have the DVD player fixed, but will likely eventually replace the drive system.

We took out the booth seats, and will put in comfy chairs as the booth seats were not comfortable and we didn't need the storage.

I do have a question. What is the "non-receptical" thing behind the couch? We could use an electrical outlet there, but this is just a plate--not an outlet.

We need to find a cover (but my husband is trying to add some insulation so we can go camping longer into the season). Anyone have a good suggestion for a cover?

Thanks!
Happy New Year!
Vicki
Old 12-18-2018, 08:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki P View Post
Avenger ATI 27 RKS 2018

We got the window replaced without problem. We had the hotwater heater go out 2x, and turned out to be a circuit board which was fixed. They have fixed and now replaced our micro-wave, but that has to go in again. It is still not working.

We replaced our China Bomb tires, put on a propane cover, a wheel cover in back, an air-conditioner vent, and changed the hitch to electric. We also had to have the DVD player fixed, but will likely eventually replace the drive system.

We took out the booth seats, and will put in comfy chairs as the booth seats were not comfortable and we didn't need the storage.

I do have a question. What is the "non-receptical" thing behind the couch? We could use an electrical outlet there, but this is just a plate--not an outlet.

We need to find a cover (but my husband is trying to add some insulation so we can go camping longer into the season). Anyone have a good suggestion for a cover?

Thanks!
Happy New Year!
Vicki

I would have thought a cover would have been standard equipment. Should have been on there when you bought it. Never saw a new TT without one.

Can you get a pic. of the "outlet cover"?

Adding insulation is a good thing especially around the plumbing lines. Then, if you can find some "coroplast" vinyl sheets or roll, covering the entire bottom of the TT would go a long way to keep floor and plumbing insulated. Adding a small duct from the furnace down into the underbelly near the holding tanks would allow some "colder" weather camping.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Coroplas...896S/205351385

The above may also come in black.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags