Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #1

Back to Factory 2nd time!

My 2012 Tracer 2649 RLS went back for a slide issue and delamination over the slide, slide was fixed but delamination came back in 2 places. This is where the seams are bulged out . That was late Nov. and Dec. 2012. Brought home and when I got it out a few weeks ago to get ready for a vacation I noticed the problems had came back and not only that the end wall beside the large window had a crease on left and right and was starting to bulge out so back to dealer, Dealer is sending it back to factory tomorrow, then after finding that I started to really look the thing over and found some softball size bubbles on the front (pass side) about midway up the side and a place on the slide and 1 other place. I have Delam on 3 sides of my Tracer. I am just sick!!!!!! I guess I just got a LEMON.
I really doubt that the factory will be able to fix this problem so it will hold up over the long term. I think they just made a bad run on walls when my RV was made. I will keep everyone updated as to how this plays out.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Sloppy work when built and sloppy repairs. I agree that you may never have a permanent fix. It should be replaced. Keep us updated. No matter how many times it is repaired, once the warranty is up, the answer will be "sorry, your warranty is no more"

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdad View Post
Sloppy work when built and sloppy repairs. I agree that you may never have a permanent fix. It should be replaced. Keep us updated. No matter how many times it is repaired, once the warranty is up, the answer will be "sorry, your warranty is no more"
Trying to stay positive, warranty ran out last month but problems were found in warranty, I know that the Tracer is a good coach and I am one of the unlucky people that got a bad one, I agree it probably should be replaced, if that many problems show up within months of the unit being built it scares me to think a year or two down the road and I like to keep a camper about 8 years. Factory called (Roger) and assured me it would be taken care of and I appreciate that. I guess I will just have to wait and see. I would like to just trade it in on a new one and forget this whole thing but would have to take a hit only having it 1 year. Again I will try to stay positive and hope the factory repairs will hold up.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvbike_99 View Post

Trying to stay positive, warranty ran out last month but problems were found in warranty, I know that the Tracer is a good coach and I am one of the unlucky people that got a bad one, I agree it probably should be replaced, if that many problems show up within months of the unit being built it scares me to think a year or two down the road and I like to keep a camper about 8 years. Factory called (Roger) and assured me it would be taken care of and I appreciate that. I guess I will just have to wait and see. I would like to just trade it in on a new one and forget this whole thing but would have to take a hit only having it 1 year. Again I will try to stay positive and hope the factory repairs will hold up.
Maybe PT would give the dealer sufficient incentives in this special case so that you wouldn't take too bad a hit on a new one. I'd think it would be worth it if you could pay for a year depreciation (not counting the day-1 drop for driving it off the dealer's lot). Worth asking about maybe?
Old 05-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Wanna Be Camper

It is not unheard of for the walls to be totally replaced when an issue like this comes along, and then you would have the same as new anyway.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote