Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
Member
 
Vols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Corinth , Texas
Posts: 95
Bathing our baby

3150bhd, touring edition
Question is what's best soap & wax to bath her? Can I wax the stickers? Just trying to keep her looking at her best.
__________________

__________________
Vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
great white's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 662
Oh boy, get ready for a lot of different answers!

This question comes up quite often.

Personally, I wash the trailer with a car wash brand soap and follow up with quality carnuba wax (usually mothers) on my fiberglass sided 831rlbss.

Do not use dish soap or other common soaps to wash. This will strip whatever wax is on the trailer. That's what dish soap is designed to do.

Car wash soaps are formulated to clean without stripping wax.

I wax everything, stickers included.

Give a bit of UV protection to them.

Roof and awnings are a whole different story....
__________________

__________________

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
Member
 
Vols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Corinth , Texas
Posts: 95
The awning should I use a special awning cleaner that they sell ? I see that it's vital to leave open till dried completely.
__________________
Vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
I usually use a car wash like great white mentioned. As far as applying wax, this past summer I tried a couple of the Protect-All products. I really like the results.
Here's a link to a thread I posted after using Protect-All for the first time.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ent-13764.html

What I use to clean the awning, I add about a ľ cup of bleach and some Dawn dish washing liquid to a couple of gallons of water. I spray it generously on the awning, roll it up for at least an hour, then unroll and rinse off. Usually I can easily brush off any stubborn areas. As you mentioned, leave the awning out until it completely dries.

Hope this helps you.
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
I usually use a car wash like great white mentioned. As far as applying wax, this past summer I tried a couple of the Protect-All products. I really like the results.
Here's a link to a thread I posted after using Protect-All for the first time.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ent-13764.html

What I use to clean the awning, I add about a ľ cup of bleach and some Dawn dish washing liquid to a couple of gallons of water. I spray it generously on the awning, roll it up for at least an hour, then unroll and rinse off. Usually I can easily brush off any stubborn areas. As you mentioned, leave the awning out until it completely dries.

Hope this helps you.
I would be afraid of that bleach eating into the fabric over time...
__________________
gratefulone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 139
I wash my awning with Dawn and Clorox. Spray down and roll up for an hour. Unroll and rinse. Clorox comes in plastic bottles. Awning is made of plastic. Get it?
__________________
Scouts Out, L Troop 3/2 ACR 76-79
Desert Storm Part One 1991
2009 SV 291
2001 Z-71
One great 16 yr old son
Great wife
Two dogs, Ziggy and Zaggy
Bill U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulone81 View Post
I would be afraid of that bleach eating into the fabric over time...
I got that "recipe" off the forum. Apparently several people do this and I haven't read of any adverse effect. I've done this for a couple of years, maybe twice a year, and I haven't had any problems.

&
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 1,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill U View Post
I wash my awning with Dawn and Clorox. Spray down and roll up for an hour. Unroll and rinse. Clorox comes in plastic bottles. Awning is made of plastic. Get it?

I'd be worried that the Clorox would fade any colors on the awning. Otherwise, sounds like a great cheap formula for getting stains out.
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"[/I][/B]
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
in the faq section i have a write up for cleaning and protecting your tpo roof as long as its a dicor roof .
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.