Old 04-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #1
Battery quick connect

I store my trailer offside in covered storage at a local storage facility. I take my two 6v batteries out after each trip and store in my garage on a battery tender. This keeps them from getting stolen and keeps them charged. Trouble is, they are heavy and it's a pain. Nothing I can do about the weight (but I've been using a wheel barrow to cart them between the garage and trailer so that helped big time), but the connections are a pain. I have to make sure my battery disconnect on the trailer is turned off otherwise the two wires coming from the trailer could touch and spark. I have to make sure I get the wing nuts (4 of them) nice and tight on the batteries, etc. Does anyone use those quick connect connectors that clamp on toe battery posts when you snap the lid closed? I can get 4 of them for 20 bucks on Amazon that will cover the positive, negative, and jumper wire between batteries. Just wondering if they are worth the cost or not? Was also thinking of maybe getting a larger "wing" nut that would make it easier to tighten with better leverage but don't know if such a thing exists?

I'll be making 15-20 trips this year and anything that can make the battery swapping procedure easier would be a real win in my book.
coolzzy is offline   Reply With Quote