Old 04-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #1

240 Air Battery tray size

Looking for some help folks. I will be picking up my new 240 tracer air in 2 weeks (given it stops raining in WI). I would like to upgrade to a dual battery system either 2 6v trojan or two 12v DC. I believe the TT is coming with one group 24 or 27 deep cycle from the dealer. I can always match it up or move that battery to the spare tray in my Silverado. Given I don't have the TT yet, does anyone have experience with how big the battery tray is or how many will fit? From my recolection the tray seemed somewhat short. Also are there any other mods for a brand new TT that I should consider right off the bat?

Thanks!

Old 04-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #2

Man no replies... I asume no one else has a 240 air. At least it will be a collectors item and rare!

Old 04-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #3

Not sure on your camper specifically just know some about AC and DC. Also most battery trays / boxes will only fit one battery. In your battery decision making remember 2-6V batteries in series only doubles the volts not the amps, and 2-12V batteries in parallel doubles the amps not the volts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf The 12 volt Side of Life.pdf (438.4 KB, 66 views)

http://rvpdi.com
Acableguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #4

You will almost certainly get a G24 by default unless you specify otherwise.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #5

Thanks for the input. Yes a 24 is coming but I would love to match two Trojans. I just don't think there will be enough space horizontally and I am not eager to mod a brand new TT.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #6

FWIW (I have no idea of the measurements of your specific TT), on my 2 previous TT
s I was able to put 2 G24 battery boxes side by side in the rails. No real modification required. They JUST fit on my Coachmen (I had a 2010 Coachmen Catalina 28BHS). If I had my time back I'd have went with 2 6V Trojans. Not an issue in the 5'r, lots of space...
Old 04-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

If you don't find anyone who can help with the 240 Tracer Air, then PM RV Guy. He's Mr. Primetime and I'm sure he can hook you up with the measurements.

Good luck and welcome to the forums!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #8

10-4 thanks to all
Old 04-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #9

Battery update

Just a FYI to anyone interested. I tracked down my Tracer 240 battery tray measurements. It appears it is around 25x8 not allowing for dual 12v but big enough for dual 6v which is what I wanted anyway. I tracked down a nice dual box which can be found here to hold both 6v batteries. Century Plastics: White Heavy Duty Battery Box - (part#: GCE-G)

Also on the subject of batteries I know everyone recommends Trojans but I wanted to pass these along. I ended up getting 2 Duracell Procell SLIGC125 6V Batteries from batteries plus at $139.99 a piece. SLIGC125 6V Battery - TXT Shuttle 2 (Electric) - TXT Shuttle 2 (Electric) - E-Z-GO - Golf Cart - Batteries Plus The specs of the Duracell at235AH and a RC488.00 appear to compare nicely to Trojan T105 and it offers a 12 month warranty.

I will pass this along from the manager of my local BP. He claims he has a major contract here in Milwaukee with a equipment company who handles large floor scrubbers, pallet jacks etc. Most machines come with a Trojan T105. Once a Trojan eventually dies they replace them though BP with the Duracell. Manager claims he has had very good luck with this Duracell 125 model and sells a ton of them. He says reliability has been great evidenced by the company beating the hell out of the machines.

Also that $139.99 was not the list price but the manager discounted them no problem as he should given the BP mark up. I think the price was fair given the specs but only time will tell.