Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2015, 06:55 PM   #11
Member
 
sailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Our Rockwood 2306 we had was made the same way... Problem was the bed was left to right not front to back... So the person on the one side of the bed would basically roll off since they had not support under them.. We had a queen bed and they had an option of a king.. That would have been even more interesting...
Plywood sections allowing storage to raise and extending to mattress dimensions totally fixed our problem! Next night's sleep will be great!
__________________

__________________
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:33 PM   #12
Member
 
sailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 41
Brake controller setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude002 View Post
camperdave825--Hi have the same motor etc and RV290rlt--its brand new the truck--rv 3 years---CAN YOU TELL ME AT WHAT NUMBER YOU HAVE YOUR BRAKE CONTROLLER AT, THANKS
CLAUDE002
Ours is built into the truck and we set it at nine. Started at five but have gradually moved it up.
__________________

__________________
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:00 PM   #13
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,818
I did the plywood mod within the first few nights of rolling out of bed as well... Made the DW much happier as she slept on that part of the bed.
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 08:00 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 25
We found our mattress to be more like a board, so we just changed it iut to a Serta we found on sale. Seems to have good strength on outside edges so may not require underlay mod. Fridge seemed to work fine for our short shake down trip. We do use a Progressive Industries surge/voltage protector. That did trip on and off one night as the campground filled up. All running a/c made for some voltage drops I imagine.
__________________
xcopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:53 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 226
Norcold Refrigerator Deluxe Fan to INCREASE cooling inside

I added one of these fans to my fridge and I leave it running while traveling. I don't drive with my propane/fridge running.

Things I hate about the fridge:

- Should have fans to circulate interior air by default

- Should have a control for the temperature, not just this mystic sliding of a piece of metal on the fin (is up cooler or warmer and how much change is it going to do? Do I move it a little or a lot?) I'm contemplating this mod to address this vagueness

- No ability to force the fridge to stay on propane. When I turn my generators on to charge my batteries, the fridge switches to electricity and steals about 4 amps from my generators.
__________________
2014 Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali
kohai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:11 AM   #16
Too old to be too smart
 
SpringerPop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: La La Land
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohai View Post
- No ability to force the fridge to stay on propane. When I turn my generators on to charge my batteries, the fridge switches to electricity and steals about 4 amps from my generators.
I'd bet that if you were to open the lower reefer vent on the outside of your rig, you would find a 110-volt outlet somewhere with the Norcold plugged in. If you simply unplugged that, I'd bet that you'd find that the reefer would stay on propane.

Alternatively, there might be a breaker dedicated to the reefer inside your power panel. Flipping that breaker off would accomplish the same thing, wouldn't it?

Pop
__________________
2005 Terry 250RKS, perfect for the two of us and the pups.
It recently replaced our Flagstaff 21FB (which we still have)

2000 F-350 7.3L CC/LB 4WD Lariat 3.73's
SpringerPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:25 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Fred H.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mt. Clemens, MI.
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohai View Post
Norcold Refrigerator Deluxe Fan to INCREASE cooling inside

I added one of these fans to my fridge and I leave it running while traveling. I don't drive with my propane/fridge running.

Things I hate about the fridge:

- Should have fans to circulate interior air by default

- Should have a control for the temperature, not just this mystic sliding of a piece of metal on the fin (is up cooler or warmer and how much change is it going to do? Do I move it a little or a lot?) I'm contemplating this mod to address this vagueness

- No ability to force the fridge to stay on propane. When I turn my generators on to charge my batteries, the fridge switches to electricity and steals about 4 amps from my generators.
[/QUOTE]

If you don't leave the propane on while traveling, I don't see any way for these fans to cool the fridge while traveling. Am I missing something?

If you look at the Amazon page where the link takes you, take note of what he says about wiring the fans to the light, which is wired to the fridge circuit board.

I would not take a chance on $16 fans possibly blowing out the circuit board to the fridge. In my fridge I see no other way to hook up these fans to a different 12VDC power supply. I like the idea of fans but I would need further instructions on how to wire them to a separate power source.
__________________

Fred n Wilma
2017 Ford F-150 EcoBoost
2015 Crusader 295RST
Fred H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:29 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohai View Post

- No ability to force the fridge to stay on propane. When I turn my generators on to charge my batteries, the fridge switches to electricity and steals about 4 amps from my generators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
I'd bet that if you were to open the lower reefer vent on the outside of your rig, you would find a 110-volt outlet somewhere with the Norcold plugged in. If you simply unplugged that, I'd bet that you'd find that the reefer would stay on propane.

Alternatively, there might be a breaker dedicated to the reefer inside your power panel. Flipping that breaker off would accomplish the same thing, wouldn't it?

Pop

x2, there should be an easily accessible plug behind the panel. Mine has one also.
__________________
2015 Crusader 315rst
2016 Ford F350 SRW 4x4 King Ranch 6.7L
Houstonkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:34 PM   #19
Member
 
Planostu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 48
Sailors, yes, the fridge is the weakest link in that trailer. I installed the fridge fan and when not 90+ degrees outside it will freeze milk sitting in the door. I have the same camper. They are not the best insulated for the Texas heat so I installed a 15K A/C with heat strip in the bedroom. That was a life saver in Destin, FL. Also installed a Maxxfan in the kitchen overhead vent and JT Strong Arms. I also cut the post that holds the spare tire off and lengthened it by welding on an extension so the bottom of the spare tire will not drag below the bumper. I tore it off twice pulling in to fuel stations in the Texas Hill Country. As far as the fridge goes, we also have a 63 quart ARB fridge freezer we are happy with that does a great job. Due to its weight when loaded, it is not a friendly accessory to move! Keep an eye on that front cap, ours was replaced (twice), due to cracks. Also where the roof membrane meets the side, keep an eye on that area, that separated in two places and they did some major surgery to fix that twice.


2015 Crusader 294RLT, 2014 2500 Ram
__________________
2015 Crusader 294RLT, 2014 Ram 2500
Planostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:51 AM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 25
Anyone attached a bicycle rack to the spare tire on the 294 ? I would like to do that and carry 2 cruiser type bikes. Total additional weight approx 100 lbs.
__________________

__________________
xcopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bed, crusader, refrigerator

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.