Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #1

Bedroom TV on satellite

We have a Lacrosse 301 RLS and we love it. We have gone to a Carry Out satellite and it works fine on the main TV in the rear living area. My question is how do I connect the satellite receiver box for the TV in the bedroom? There is a 'cable' connection available but that is not the signal for the incoming satellite signal. Any ideas?l
Relkinsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
DS ADV Rider

Check my post on the " Cable - Sat TV" thread. I just modified ours so we can view either Sat, Cable, or Antenna TV at all outlets.
Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
DS ADV Rider

Sorry, I made the above post from my phone and hadn't been able to check the previous posts first. The actual post that said how I got the satellite programs to the Bedroom TV is this one:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-30709.html

I'll try to finish my write-up on how to do the complete re-wire/mod and post it soon.

If you use the Search tool and look for "Cable Satellite" you will get many threads that have useful information on this subject.

Bob
Specialized FSR XC Comp
Old 11-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #4

I have a different RV, but assuming the setups are similar, what I did was to connect the RF-out ("modulator") from my satellite box to the "cable-in" on the Winegard pre-amp (thru an A-B switch). That way your satellite channel shows up on whatever TV's are connected to the output of the pre-amp. (I still use HDMI connection for the main TV.) You need to turn the pre-amp off in order for it to pass the "cable" signal.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
DS ADV Rider

My Sat Receiver doesn't have a coax (RF) output so I bought a separate RF Demodulator and used it to connect the Sat Rec A/V (red, white, yellow) output to the modified wall-plate (with the "Cable" wiring brought out to a new F-connector).
Specialized FSR XC Comp

Tags
bed, bedroom, satellite