Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2015, 08:49 PM   #1

Bedroom TV > Sanibel 3901

We have a new 2015 Sanibel 3901. I have a satillite dish hooked on the main TV. Is this unit wired that we can watch same in the bedroom TV also ? Right now seems not. As well the main TV gets quite a few channels using the "air" option. But the bedroom only gets one. Is there any way to fix this. End of day was hoping what is on main TV can be seen on bedroom TV also. Thanks..Ron
Old 05-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #2

Both tv' s have there own satellite coax running to them they are the orange wires. I put a splitter on my 3601 and have 2 receivers with whole home dvr set up with Directv
Old 05-14-2015, 08:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmw49ks View Post
Both tv' s have there own satellite coax running to them they are the orange wires. I put a splitter on my 3601 and have 2 receivers with whole home dvr set up with Directv
THanks. So were can I see the orange wires ?
Old 05-14-2015, 08:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Wilhelm View Post
THanks. So were can I see the orange wires ?
and where do I put splitter ?
Old 05-15-2015, 07:59 AM   #5

There should be a panel in your basement behind your hookups should be like 6 screws or so. Open that up and you will all of your coax. On ours it was labeled them wrong. The coax to the bedroom was labeled cable out. You will have 2 different wall coax outlets in the bedroom to choose from. It should be hooked to antenna from the factory. You will need to switch that. Good luck. I will try and send a pic if I have time this weekend.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:59 AM   #6

Is this dish or directv?
Old 05-15-2015, 08:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Is this dish or directv?
Bell Dish
Old 05-15-2015, 08:09 AM   #8

Quote:
There should be a panel in your basement behind your hookups should be like 6 screws or so. Open that up and you will all of your coax. On ours it was labeled them wrong. The coax to the bedroom was labeled cable out. You will have 2 different wall coax outlets in the bedroom to choose from. It should be hooked to antenna from the factory. You will need to switch that. Good luck. I will try and send a pic if I have time this weekend.
Thanks.......very much. Yes pictures would be nice also. ...Ron
Old 05-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #9

You can just put a spiller in your hookup compartment also. Should be cable out and satellite if it's labeled like ours is
Old 05-18-2015, 08:31 AM   #10

Quote:
You can just put a spiller in your hookup compartment also. Should be cable out and satellite if it's labeled like ours is
Thanks. If you could send a pic that would help. I'm lost here a bit on where I'm being directed sorry. Are you talking about behind the main TV where I add a splitter ? or outside somewhere ? I'm not the best at cable stuff best of times. Thanks...Ron
Old 05-18-2015, 08:53 AM   #11
clr

I have a Sanibel 3601 and it should be similar to yours. In the bedroom in the ceiling above the TV there are two coax connections wall type plates. The one on the left when you are looking at the TV is for the cable the one on the right is for the Sat, the bedroom TV is probably connected to the left one, you will need to move to the right (Sat connection). The cabling is a direct run to the UDC for both the bedroom and living room.
I use direct TV and each TV needs a box if you want to watch different channels. I place the SWIM power unit and the spliter in the UDC. Then a box by each TV and this works great.
If you only have one box the living room TV can watch sat and the bedroom can not. But the bedroom can watch over the air TV at the same time. The booster in the living room must be on (green light). If you are only getting one channel in the bedroom ensure the booster is on, the bedroom coax connector is connected to the cable left connection and run the auto scan function on the TV and you should be able to watch over the air TV in the bedroom at the same time. Hope this helps.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
I have a Sanibel 3601 and it should be similar to yours. In the bedroom in the ceiling above the TV there are two coax connections wall type plates. The one on the left when you are looking at the TV is for the cable the one on the right is for the Sat, the bedroom TV is probably connected to the left one, you will need to move to the right (Sat connection). The cabling is a direct run to the UDC for both the bedroom and living room.
I use direct TV and each TV needs a box if you want to watch different channels. I place the SWIM power unit and the spliter in the UDC. Then a box by each TV and this works great.
If you only have one box the living room TV can watch sat and the bedroom can not. But the bedroom can watch over the air TV at the same time. The booster in the living room must be on (green light). If you are only getting one channel in the bedroom ensure the booster is on, the bedroom coax connector is connected to the cable left connection and run the auto scan function on the TV and you should be able to watch over the air TV in the bedroom at the same time. Hope this helps.
Thanks very much. I will check this out. I understand that I would need to either watch same channel for Sat on both TV if only one sat box. The green light for booster was on in the living room and living room TV gets lots of air channels. I'm assuming this booster is for both TV's ? As well the Sat works in living well. (other than it don't go thru the surround sound at this time - that's another issue to sort later) Sometimes I don't even get a channel in the bedroom TV. The one I got was a local channel. What I think your saying is that the booster should boost signal for both TV's. Maybe I have other problems cause if it's hooked to right cable now for TV you'd think it would work. What do you mean by UDC and SWIM power unit ? Thanks Ron. (sorry to ask so much but this is not my gig when it comes to hooking up electronics and you have been very helpful)
Old 05-20-2015, 07:04 AM   #13
clr

The booster when on should work for both the living room and bedroom TV. The bedroom TV cable connection is feed from the living room TV booster unit. If you remove the wall plate for the booster you will see the cable connections, in from the ant, out to the living room and out to the bedroom. I would take down the bedroom tv cable wall plate first and have a look see to ensure the coax is connected properly. The connector on mine was not well done and I had to place a new connector on the cable for it to work properly. The coax cables on my 2015 are color coded, if I remember correctly the over the air cable for the bedroom is gray and the sat cable for the bedroom is orange. Hope this helps.
The UDC is the Universal Docking Center on the outside of the unit where all the water and TV connections and such are located. I have direct TV and SWIM is a power source for the ant that has a multi switch in the ant. That way you only need one coax from the ant to the coach and there is a special splitter I place in the UDC so that one ant can feed two cable boxs. Many of the carry out ant have two cables to the camper one for the living room and second for the bedroom.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo, sanibel