Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 13
Black tank drip

I noticed when I was cleaning the black tank out on my 2014 Forest River Crusader 360BHS it has a steady drip coming from what appears to be around the bottom of the tank. It drips down onto the plastic cover on the bottom of the camper and runs to the drain area where the spray insulation is around the pipe. Any thoughts? Itís not pouring out but definitely a steady drip when liquid is in tank.
__________________

__________________
2014 Crusader BHS360
14Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Crusader View Post
I noticed when I was cleaning the black tank out on my 2014 Forest River Crusader 360BHS it has a steady drip coming from what appears to be around the bottom of the tank. It drips down onto the plastic cover on the bottom of the camper and runs to the drain area where the spray insulation is around the pipe. Any thoughts? Itís not pouring out but definitely a steady drip when liquid is in tank.

That will require lowering the underbelly and looking to see if the dump connection/valve is leaking. If not, hopefully the tank doesn't have a small crack in it.
__________________

__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:38 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 13
If the tank does have a small crack in it what is a round about cost to replace?
__________________
2014 Crusader BHS360
14Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:42 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
heavynlori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Crusader View Post
If the tank does have a small crack in it what is a round about cost to replace?


We replaced one on our old camper - tank was $150 from a dealer

We did our own install on seasonal site - took me and DH all of a whole day - that camper was NOT an enclosed underbelly

We did have to pull toilet and used Fernco fittings as well
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:39 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 13
Ok thanks for the response. I have a very limited amount of knowledge on what I would be doing so Iím probably going to take it to a local dealer with a good service department.
__________________
2014 Crusader BHS360
14Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 2,493
Those tanks are pretty durable. I'd bet on a loose clamp where the outlet tube enters the tank. If that's where the leak is you can also loosen the clamp, pull the tube off, clean the flange & tube real good and apply some plumbing sealant & slip it all back together and tighten the clamp.
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:58 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Crusader View Post
Ok thanks for the response. I have a very limited amount of knowledge on what I would be doing so Iím probably going to take it to a local dealer with a good service department.
I would drop the belly first and have a look. If you developed a crack in either the tank or drain pipe, or where it connects to the tank, go buy some 3M 5200 it's in a tube, you can seal through hall fittings on a boat below the water line, that will seal it for good. They make a quick cure or a 24 hr cure, either will serve your purpose.
__________________

__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black, black tank, tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.


×