Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2017, 08:44 AM   #21

I take a few laps around the campground before heading to the dump station with a few quick stops and starts to get things moving in the black tank and then use the black tank flush in the end, seems to work well.
rebeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:07 AM   #22

I've posted this before, but there are always new folks aboard, so some folks may not know it, ..... your black tank flush is a spraying unit mounted inside the BT sitting just above the drain outlet, ... if you spray while draining(with the drain open), you are spraying into/against the flow trying to leave the tank, ... that will certainly affect the flow of solids and paper trying to flow out, ... I've found the best results with the factory installed flush units comes when CLOSING the drain valve, spraying as you wish and then turning off the spray, open the drain valve and let it drain, repeat as necessary, ... not ideal, but that does get good results, .... it would be much better if the unit was mounted on the opposite side where the spray would be helping push the solids and paper to the drain hole, but that's not the case, ... an aftermarket unit called "quickie flush" can be mounted over there, I've installed four(two in BT's, two in GT's) and they do a very good job, ............

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-40123-Q...=quickie+flush

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohai View Post
...close the tank handle and let it fill again and then flush, etc, repeat until pretty clean.
+1. This works well enough for me during the season. I never let the tank stay completely drained (nobody wants Poopcrete!). Wanding the tank is part of my winterization process.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #24
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
I've posted this before, but there are always new folks aboard, so some folks may not know it, ..... your black tank flush is a spraying unit mounted inside the BT sitting just above the drain outlet, ... if you spray while draining(with the drain open), you are spraying into/against the flow trying to leave the tank, ... that will certainly affect the flow of solids and paper trying to flow out, ... I've found the best results with the factory installed flush units comes when CLOSING the drain valve, spraying as you wish and then turning off the spray, open the drain valve and let it drain, repeat as necessary, ... not ideal, but that does get good results, .... it would be much better if the unit was mounted on the opposite side where the spray would be helping push the solids and paper to the drain hole, but that's not the case, ... an aftermarket unit called "quickie flush" can be mounted over there, I've installed four(two in BT's, two in GT's) and they do a very good job, ............

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-40123-Q...=quickie+flush
My current unit is plumbed so the spray is on the opposite side of the tank from the sewer port. It works well so not all are the way you describe.

My previous unit had the spray nozzle going in the side of the tank and didn't do as good a job.

I can see why yours doesn't work well where mounted.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:52 AM   #25
Sunseeker 2400MBW

I like the clear part, ours is translucent, you know when it's *really* empty. We think "we were only out 3 days, we should be through emptying by now", but noooo, looky there, still not done.... sorry, TMI ...
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #26

Just connected with a quick disconnect filled the tank up drained it filled the tank up again seems to be working. And it's not under pressure like I thought it's just drainage from the tube. thanks for the help
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:20 PM   #27

I agree the clear tube makes it much easier to tell when it's empty
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:21 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand2328 View Post
Just connected with a quick disconnect filled the tank up drained it filled the tank up again seems to be working. And it's not under pressure like I thought it's just drainage from the tube. thanks for the help
Thanks for reporting back with your findings.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
My current unit is plumbed so the spray is on the opposite side of the tank from the sewer port. It works well so not all are the way you describe.

My previous unit had the spray nozzle going in the side of the tank and didn't do as good a job.

I can see why yours doesn't work well where mounted.
all I can say is "good for you", ... I've posted that info several times in the past and have always included something like "yours and probably most are mounted like mine, above the drain outlet", .... this time I didn't, ... and mine does work ok if used as I described, .....

in most cases, it's probably a shorter and CHEAPER install there than across to the opposite side of the tank, so FR has provided a flush, just not ideally located, ... I know others are mounted the same as mine, because I discovered that reading another post, ... I checked and mine was the same as that post, ... maybe you have an expensive enough unit that extra effort is made to do the flush correctly, ... whatever the case may be, some folks may find it worthwhile checking to know just where theirs is located and use it accordingly, because what I've described happening is a fact if anyone's flush is mounted above the drain outlet "like it is on mine and some other units", .........

happy trailering and tank flushing, ......

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank