Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2018, 06:47 PM   #1

Brand new 2018 Avenger ATI 27DBS

Greetings to you all, we have just purchased a 2018 Avenger ATI 27DBS and we'll be picking it up thisSaturday 4-14-2018. We are very excited for the warmer weather and camping season. Currently we are experiencing snow flurries. Just in case that throws you off, we are located close to the Waterloo Region, Ontario Canada. Normally by this time of year we are pretty much in full swing of spring.
We are hoping that we can get some good advice and tips from you, maybe share some great eplaces to camp and perhaps make some new friends. We have been camping for many, many years with a tent and and my wife infomed me 2 years ago that if we continue to sleep on an air mattress in a tent that her camping days would be over! So last year we bought a small used tent trailer. Which we took out for the first ime on the Victoria Day weekend in May. When we arrived at the park (which we prebooked) most campers were already set up. All trailers in our area were no smaller than 24 feet. When we backed in our little pop up and set it up. It looked like a little seedling mixed in the rows of full grown rows of corn. It was a pittiful sight I might add, but proud as we were to have a trailer of our own and not heve to sleep and on a air mattress that needed pumping everyday. Fill the mattress in the evening and by morning you were awakened by rocks and twigs digging into your kidney. It was nice to close the door and go to sleep on a foam mattress. Oru son 11 a the time was ecstatic about having a trailer. But the only provlem we had was it had no room in it. Duffle bags were moved from counter to bench to bed to floor and it was a vicious cycle. You had to get out or the trailer to change your mind. So we sold that little "Peanut" we called it and started looking for something a little bit bigger. The original plan was to purchase something in the 18' to 24" we went to the Toronto RV show at the beginning of March and marched through endless amouts of trailers. Fighing through the crowds (did I mention we dislike crowds) to follow nd what we were looking for and ever single flipping trailer we went in 18-24" seemed so small inside and everthing was crammed in. It looked like the had to shoe-horn all the furniture, features and cabintes in. Now don't get me wrong, they were all very nice trailers. But you could definitely get cabin fever waiting for the coffee to perk in the mornings. So we started looking at biggggger trailers until we found the 27' Avenger ATI 27DBS when we sat down in it......we owned it! That's all there is to it. Perfect addition to our family!
Adventure Seekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #2
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. You will get some good info here. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:12 PM   #3

Welcome to the avenger family. I have a 2015 avenger 27bbs and it's been great for us.
redskins2856 is offline   Reply With Quote