Old 04-05-2014, 06:42 AM   #1

Brand new leaking Tracer. Not happy.

I purchased a brand new 2014 Tracer 3200 BHT last fall. We picked it up from the dealership and went camping that weekend. It was cold and rainy but I wanted a shakedown trip to see what all if anything was wrong so the dealership could have all winter to fix any issues not evident during our walk through at pick up. It was raining on our trip to the campground and as soon as I set the jacks and opened the slides there were two large puddles of water on the floor. I climbed on top of the unit and the large rubber seal over the living room slide was not on. I put it back on in the rain and went on with the weekend. When we got home after the trip I opened the camper again to unload and clean it. Again 2 large puddles of water on the floor. When I took it in to the dealership to get the other minor issues I had found fixed I told them this was a major issue that has me really concerned. They said they would fix it. Well a little over a week ago I got a call that the camper was done and ready to be picked up. It just happened to be raining that day. I hooked up my truck and pushed the slides out to see that all the repairs had been made. Again 2 large puddles of water on the floor in the same spots as before. I pointed this out to the service manager and voiced my displeasure. He said they had checked the camper and could not find where any water was coming in. I pointed to the puddles and asked if this was a mirage.

I received a call yesterday the camper is done again. I asked about the water issue being fixed and the service manager again stated they sprayed water over the entire camper and again could not find any leaks. So they have done nothing.

What recourse do I have? Will Primetime take this turd back, is there a lemon law for campers?

A very unhappy camper.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #2
Site Team

Where are your leaks / puddles located at?

I had 2 leaks in mine, the bedroom slide and the kitchen slide. Dealer had a heck of a time finding and fixing the bedroom slide. Factory forgot to install lower seal on the skirting meeting the fiberglass.

My 2nd leak, was coming from the upper fridge vent. Dealer built a wall of caulk behind the vent cover. Im gonna re-do that fix this year.

Carl

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #3

If they can't find the leak with only spraying water, maybe they should to a pressurized leak test as per link below.

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #4

They said they tried and tried and could not recreate the water puddles no matter what they did. They said maybe some ice got in on top of the slides as the large rubber seal had come off the top of the slide again, which they fixed. I picked up the camper in the rain the other day and no water. The service manager told me that if ever any water is found in the camper to call them and they will pick up the camper and explore other options. All in all the dealership done me right and were good to work with. I really hope this problem is fixed.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #5

Could this be road spray from the tires and the seal on the bottom of the slide?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #6
Site Team

Where are your leaks / puddles located at?
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #7

We have a 2011 Tracer 3150 bhd. It has leaked from the very beginning and through 3 seasons. It has been in service multiple times. It leaks on the corner of the dinette slide. Curiously, it only leaks when it is closed and raining. When we're out camping in the rain, the slide is open, so it doesn't leak. But we 'll go check it at the storage lot after a storm and there is always a big puddle. Prime Time is agreeable to keep "fixing" it, but it has never been resolved. It is smelling musty and we are pretty sure the trailer we have years to pay on is worthless. The only thing that may slow down the deterioration is that we keep it in an indoor storage 6 months of the year. Very depressing to pay good money for a product that was defective from the start.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #8
WJC

I had the same problem, When I opened my small slide I would have two puddles on my vinyl floor and on my large slide the rug would be wet I could not understand how the water was getting there! tracer uses thin seals that compress and stay compressed making voids, when it rains it finds these voids the water gets through and follows down the slide to the floor where it will puddle. my dealer replaced the seals twice second time used a bigger seal which worked. Tell your dealer to try larger seals this should solve the problem!

WJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak