Old 11-18-2015, 09:46 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photogirl View Post
Went to our storage lot today it was raining pretty hard and the side wall was wet and cold but the bubble seems to have went down we could not see it . Keeping fingers crossed.

Probably like a toothache, it'll be back!

Old 11-18-2015, 09:51 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photogirl View Post
Went to our storage lot today it was raining pretty hard and the side wall was wet and cold but the bubble seems to have went down we could not see it . Keeping fingers crossed.
Possibly the screw was pushing out on the outer layer of luan and it took a little time for it to go back. Hopefully it doesn't return.

One thing you should not do on any of the fiberglass laminated walls is look down them at a very slight angle, especially this time of year when the sun is low in the sky. You will see more waves, bumps, and seams than you will ever care to see. These are thin pieces of foam and wood, not metal. All of them are far from perfect.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:38 PM   #33
MCTroy

Our windjammer has a bubble above the water heater. Looks like the glue didn't bond. Our dealer said they are going to fix it in their body shop. All is under warranty. Should I be worried it isn't going back to factory?
Hurry Spring 2018! We have plans ready!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
Our windjammer has a bubble above the water heater. Looks like the glue didn't bond. Our dealer said they are going to fix it in their body shop. All is under warranty. Should I be worried it isn't going back to factory?
It won't hurt to let them try...that may be your only option for now if that is what they are being directed to do by Rockwood. There is a method to repair using an injectable epoxy. I would say once they do the repair it will be up to you to determine if its acceptable or not from a cosmetic standpoint if the bubble is rebonded. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:50 PM   #35

2015 Columbus 320 Bubble

320 Side wall bubble
Old 02-29-2016, 01:00 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
The wall is a sandwich glued with pressure and heat. The process does can fail from time to time, glue control, heat control etc. Any failure necessitates a change of the entire panel. Not the same as boat, no thin laminates glued together. No bubbling is acceptable, it will only spread with moisture. Rot and bugs follow inside follow.

Quality control issue if you ask me?

The more and more I read about Crusader issues the more and more I question whether to get one

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
slide, slide out