Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #1

Trying to decide which to order any thoughts
goofey chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #2

Well, I spent the better part of a year searching for the perfect couples floor plan and since Keystone seems to make the most RVs, many of them were Keystone products. The fit and finish on these "brand new units" was horrible. Chintzy is the best word to describe them. These are just my opinions based on my experiences and are in no way meant to upset Keystone owners but to me, they are polished turds. I happened to be looking at a Premier when I saw the Tracers. Yesterday I bought a Tracer 230FBS. All the couples floor plans are fairly similar but this was the only one that "spoke to me". Prime Time has great reviews and as a newer company is successfully proving themselves. I do like the cool front caps and crowned ceilings of other manufacturers but I trust the roof of the prime times more for structural integrity. It might not mean anything but if they put a ladder on it, I trust it more. I pick up my new camper next Saturday so I don't have any ownership experience with it yet but I can tell you that my Forest river experiences have been good.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #3

Bought a 230 FBS last July and we love it. With a few mod I think it is the best couples camper out there for the money. We replaced the large outdoor ref with a smaller one after installing a shelf for it to go in the top corner. Lots of counter space under the ref now. Took out the grand dinette and replaced with 2 swivel recliners too. Not one issue with the unit so far...Made right and/or "prepped" right.
Klemintine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #4

Thanks for the vote of confidence Marvin. I also want to do the fridge mod, would be nice to have room for an icemaker. My only complaint about the camper is the RV queen sized mattress. My major mod will be to try to extend the headboard cubby down to the mattress board so I can fit a residential queen in there.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #5

We were originally looking at the Bullet among other models and floor plans. We ended up buying the Tracer 230FBS and we absolutely love it. We are also planning on switching out the outside fridge for a smaller fridge. The Tracer is perfect for us. We are sad because it is in for winterizing.

Bill and Debbie
2013 Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
TV: 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Camped 2013 - 34 nights 2014 - 26 nights
2015 - 21 nights
bolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #6

I feel your pain. Brought my new camper home yesterday and next week it goes into storage. I was going to try and get one trip on her but man is it cold already! I bought from General RV in Huntley Ill. which is about 70 miles from my house and I can't believe how much better this tows compared to my Shamrock. Those wide stance axles really make a difference. Everything was perfect during the walk through and with the PDI checklist and General RV made it a great experience. I LOVE this camper.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #7

Are you sure that you didn't bring ours home? Ours is at General RV being winterized. I wish that we could still use it for this next few weekends. If at all possible if the weather allows you should try to camp with it. We could not due to the future weekend work schedules. You are fortunate because your warrantee will until next year. We purchased our 230FBS in February, so after storage no longer in warrantee. I love our trailer so much that it makes me sad that the season is over.

Bill and Debbie
2013 Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
TV: 2009 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4
Camped 2013 - 34 nights 2014 - 26 nights
2015 - 21 nights
bolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #8

Finders keepers My intention was to give her a trial run before storage, just to see if there were any issues to address while still in warranty. I really don't want to spend the weekend inside the camper though so anything that's gonna break will have to do it next summer. After that I'll be putting that extended warranty to the test.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Klemme View Post
Bought a 230 FBS last July and we love it. With a few mod I think it is the best couples camper out there for the money. We replaced the large outdoor ref with a smaller one after installing a shelf for it to go in the top corner. Lots of counter space under the ref now. Took out the grand dinette and replaced with 2 swivel recliners too. Not one issue with the unit so far...Made right and/or "prepped" right.

Don't want to hijack your thread, but have a quick question for Marvin. We also bought a 230 FBS and would like to put in recliners, what kind did you find to fit in the dinette space. Thanks
TxSeniors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #10

I did a lot of looking in stores and didn't find anything that would work. To big, not wall hugger, not swivel.. many reasons not to buy. On line I found these chairs... Perfect! To find many sources on search enter: Lambright Lazy Relaxr Swivel wall hugger recliner. I bought mine from Bradd and Hill, in Elkhart Ind. Their store is on the same highway as Prime Time, 8 miles apart. Our chairs were custom made after our order. We had a choice of fabric and finish. I went to Elkhart to pick up my new 230 FBS, so I picked up my chairs at the same time. When I ordered my trailer from Prime time I specified that the dinette area was to be empty, only carpeting installed, so there was lots of room for the chairs. I made a small "night stand" to sit between the chairs against the O.S. wall. We love it, perfect for the two of us. Remember, if you have visitors there will be no place for them to sit, unless you carry some small folding chairs. Which we do. Check different sites as there may be better prices available. We were interested in a location near Prime Time for easy pick up. (shipping was pricey)
Klemintine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #11

We have a 2012 Prime-Time Tracer 2700RES and love it!
No issues yet. We have used it several times including boon-docking in Great Smoky Mountains for 10 days, however I did convert to LED lighting.
It was a great choice for us.

I wish you well in your search.