Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #1

Talking Campin' & Fishin' This Weekend!

We're going to the local SP for some campin' & fishin' this weekend.

My wife and I plan on heading out after work on Thursday with the LaCrosse and camp through Sunday. We'll do some crappie fishin' and if my son and his family make it down, we'll take out the pop up and probably throw a few jug lines out to see if we can get a few catfish as well.

Hopefully we'll catch enough to have a good fish fry on Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon.

Highs should be in the mid 80's and lows around 60º. The fire ban has been lifted so that means we'll be able to enjoy a nice campfire in the evenings and while we're having our morning coffee.

Whether I post pics or not depends on our catch.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #2

Have a good time! We're heading out weekend after next. Cherrystone CG on Va Eastern Shore puts on great Halloween themed weekends every Oct. Enoy your trip!
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #3

Sounds great.
I forgot about Halloween. They have a haunted house set up at the riding stables. I don't know if the grandkids are up to it though.
At least that may be a reason I can use to get out of it!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #4

This is our Thanksgiving weekend and our last weekend for camping until May. Going with a group of fellow camping friends and turkey will be on the menu, which brings up a complaint with my oven. Too small for a turkey. Our friends' oven in their Springdale TT by keystone has a much larger oven. We'll take care of the vegetables, sweet boiled pudding, peas puddin and salt meat. We just may serve up some figgy duff if I can convince my DW to make it.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #5

Location: Close to North / South Carolina border and Blue Ridge Mountains
grhodes

We are also going fishing and camping this weekend and it will the last time we camp in the pop-up. My daughter and her hubby can make good use of it. The weather is forecasted as being great and I’m sure the trout will be willing. I will not be sadden to say good by to an old friend - the pop up.

Special News announcement!!

I don’t mean to steal anyone’s thunder, but we’re excited so I must share the news. This afternoon RVGuy informed me that South Carolina would now have its first Prime Time dealership – woo hoo! Way to go Jeff and gang! Sony’s Camper and Trailer and PT how have just formed a partnership. For other forum members out there close to the SC/NC state line, Sony’s is located just off I-85, between Spartanburg and Greenville SC. They are family owned, been around a long time and have an excellent reputation for service after the sale. I have already been in contact with Sony’s with plans on being their first PT customer. We are leaning between the LaCrosse 308 and 303, with the 303 being the stronger favorite. When we finalize the deal, I’ll post what we ordered and so Gary can place my name on the waiting list for the secret handshake.

Without this new local partnership, only 10 miles away from my home, I was about to negotiate with other PT dealerships from 130 to 390 miles away from home base.

Rustymax
Rustymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #6

Great news!
We'll get you on the list for sure. Of course I'm pulling for the 303RKS.
Seriously, whichever PT LaCrosse you choose you know you'll be getting a great tt.

That'll be great having the dealer so close by. Family owned and been in business for several years with an excellent reputation, sounds good.

Keep us posted and remember, when you get it pics are mandatory!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #7

Hopefully I can make through the whole weekend without "all the parts" falling off my inferior Crusader
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
Hopefully I can make through the whole weekend without "all the parts" falling off my inferior Crusader
Me too!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #9

Have Fun, I bet Lake Tenkiller is nice this time of year! I went to school in Tulsa and had a lot of good times there.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #10

Tenkiller is a nice lake and camping destination. I've camped a couple of times the last two years close by at Marval Campground, located 5 miles south of the dam.
We'll be camping at Lake Eufaula State Park. We have a pontoon boat at the marina and they allow slip renters to fish in the dock area, but anyone can pay $5 and fish inside or outside of their inddoor fishing dock. Good crappie and catfish spot.
If my son makes it down we'll take the boat out and set a few jug lines. We usually have pretty good luck so I'm looking forward to it.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Me too!

Good luck
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote