Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #1

CanCoooker

Cancooker review! Well I love buying new cooking gadgets and though I would try this thing out. We always make Low Country Boil when we camp so I was hoping this would help when we make smaller batches instead of hauling around the turkey fryer. If you haven't heard of it, it is a pot that cooks with steam you can put it over any heat source, fire, grill, stove... a one pot wonder. Just simply add your ingredients add liquid wait for it to steam (you adjust your temp by the amount of time it takes for the steam to appear) then you wait 40-60 minutes depending on what your cooking and your food is ready. Although I haven't tried it I have seen recipes where you can bake cakes in it as well. (I will try that later)

Got it the other day, and made BBQ Country Style Pork ribs and chicken (at the same time) both came out moist and juicy. I finished them on the grill to add a little extra coating of BBQ sauce. Oh and the clean up easy, as long as you spray the inside with non-stick cooking spray. I hate doing dishes, so if I say it was okay and easy to clean that is saying something.

I used the stove this time since it was getting ready to storm, we are taking it with us this weekend to see how it does on open flame. Check it out - CanCooker
Prime Time Crew Member #31
2012 Lacrosse 318BHS
Luvtocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
I also love cooking gadgets, so I checked out your link. Seems to me that this is kind of like a pressure cooker with the steam release vent open. Not to say that this wouldn't be fun to mess around with but I think a pc might be more versatile and quicker. Enjoy and have fun.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #3

You are right it is just like a pressure cooker and uses steam. But I didn't think you could put a pressure cooker on open flame and maintain the proper heat?
Prime Time Crew Member #31
2012 Lacrosse 318BHS
Luvtocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #4

Our car club used to do these all the time...they called them cream can dinners since they were using old milk cans from the farm. They were wonderful. They usually did potatoes, corn and sausage in them...a one meal wonder and was always looked forward to by all.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote