Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 32
Center Cap in the Center Cap

I have a 2012 290RLT with 16" aluminum wheels and I noticed the chrome center cap (in front of the grease fitting) in the center of the wheel center cap (hub cover) is missing. I don't think it was there when I bought it so I never realized it was supposed to be there. My dealer can't find just the small cap. Does anyone know where I might find one?
__________________

__________________
Smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brother Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BoCoMo
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin View Post
I have a 2012 290RLT with 16" aluminum wheels and I noticed the chrome center cap (in front of the grease fitting) in the center of the wheel center cap (hub cover) is missing. I don't think it was there when I bought it so I never realized it was supposed to be there. My dealer can't find just the small cap. Does anyone know where I might find one?
You will have to also get the larger cap that the smaller cap pops into. The Dealer can order the whole hub cap part. There are several different 'styles' that are all real close in how they look, but the wheel determines the correct hubcap. I lost one (whole hub cap) and Camping World said they are about 45.00. Talked to the dealer and he replaced for free as he was working on that tire and 'did not put it on right'....
__________________

__________________
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
Dallas Texas
 
TexasBBQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 296
A pic of what you have would be helpful.
__________________
2004 Cardinal 33CKT
2006 Ford SDD F250 CC 4WD
TexasBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
07 ThunderRoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 167
If you have this rim T06GM | Sendel Wheels
With 6 lug,
Than this cap should fit 3.75 in Chrome Trailer Wheel Center Cap Open End with Plug
Look around the site for your rims if this is not your rims.
__________________
2013 Sanibel 3600 5th, 2007Dodge 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2WD, 4.10gears, Banks equipped, 18" factory rims
07 ThunderRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 ThunderRoad View Post
If you have this rim T06GM | Sendel Wheels
With 6 lug,
Than this cap should fit 3.75 in Chrome Trailer Wheel Center Cap Open End with Plug
Look around the site for your rims if this is not your rims.
That looks like the one. Thanks for the help.
__________________
Smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
Dallas Texas
 
TexasBBQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 296
I think I've seen those on etrailer.com or JCWhitney.com
__________________
2004 Cardinal 33CKT
2006 Ford SDD F250 CC 4WD
TexasBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:53 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
irishrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Dumb question. Those remove to get at the grease nipple correct?
__________________
2014 295rst TE Champagne
09 GMC 2500HD D/A
irishrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrv View Post
Dumb question. Those remove to get at the grease nipple correct?
Yes that's the part.
__________________
Smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #9
on_the_bayou
 
PrimeTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gibson, Louisiana
Posts: 46
Prime Time likes the SenDel aluminum rims. My Crusader 290 RLT has T06 model. Here is the SenDel link. You might contact them about the center cap.
Aluminum Trailer | Sendel Wheels
__________________
2012 Crusader 290RLT
2012 Silverado 2500 Duramax (175,000 mi)
Camping:
2012: 4564 mi 31 days - 2013: 6277 mi 38 days
2014: 5146 mi 38 days - 2015: 1200 mi 9 days
2016: 342 mi 2 days - 2017: 2734 mi 22 days
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
Prime Time likes the SenDel aluminum rims. My Crusader 290 RLT has T06 model. Here is the SenDel link. You might contact them about the center cap.
Aluminum Trailer | Sendel Wheels
I checked them today and it's a little odd. My wheels have 8 spokes but only 6 lugs. The wheels look like those on the SenDel site but there is not one that matches mine.
__________________

__________________
Smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.