Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #1

Checking Back In

We came here when we first bought our 318BHS, and never came back to give any info on how things are going for us. Too busy camping and finishing up the school year with The Boy Child.

We went on our Maiden Voyage in April to a local State Park that we've camped at before. We let The Boy Child take his best friend (the main reason to have a bunkhouse in the first place!) ... very wise decision!

Invited some friends out to join us for dinner one evening.
We were very pleased with the way things went for us ... we've yet to discover an issue with anything. Heck, we even have empty storage space! I'm sure we'll find ways to fill it up eventually.

The outdoor kitchen was one of the big selling features for us, and it was used extensively. It was nice not to fill the kitchen up with bacon grease and lots of steam from the tea kettle. We even added a small microwave out there, which was nice for a quick way to heat up some water and melt some butter. We collect refrigerator magnets from our travels, and decided to add the ones from our travels with the trailer to the fridge outside.

Some WD40 loosened up the tight steps (I wasn't able to pull them out, hubby had to be the step puller-outer). I'm height-challenged, so one of our next purchases will be a small platform for me to stand on to use the kitchen outside more effectively. We also had our dealer add one of the large foldout handles for the stairs to our bathroom door. They were worried that it was white and "clashed" with the black one on the front -- we were more concerned with the safety they offered me in maneuvering those stairs.

Having the rear entry into the bathroom was helpful when the boys fell into the water while trying to catch tadpoles, accidentally on purpose. Mucky clothes and dirty boys went right in there.

GaryOverfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #2

Oh. I suppose I should say that this is Cathy writing, rather than Gary ... and spruce up our signature so there's less confusion.

Our second trip was up to Gettysburg, PA for a weekend. It was cold outside, so we spent a lot of time indoors in the evening. It was nice to have a comfy space to stretch out and watch some movies, read and just hang out ... so much different than our former camping in tents and popups!

Just fine-tuning things we need to make life comfortable ... stocking the spice cabinet, figuring out which pots & pans are necessary and which are just extra stuff to haul around. Where to put the dirty laundry basket. How to organize the cabinets in the kitchen effectively.

We have a few trips lined up for the summer ... one of them is 2 weeks from Maryland to North and South Carolina, Florida, across the panhandle to Mississippi, back through Georgia and Tennessee.

GaryOverfield is offline   Reply With Quote