Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyO
Chicago Boat & RV Show @ McCormick Place

Howdy,

Yesterday I went to Chciago's Boat & RV Show althogh I was a bit leery since last year we purchased one at that same show. Whould I get new trailer envy?!

Well, outside of the cool new color that Prime Time has added to thier line up, I felt that we made a great choice! Not a whole lot of newer options have been made to TT or 5th wheelers overall. I noticed there were better made counter tops, nicer furniture manufactures (Lane) but it was very minnor and I could confidently move forward into the 2013 camping season knowing that i am not missing much.

This show however really caters to the boaters. There were no Camp Vendors at this event, I believe they wait till the later show in Feb 13th at The Steven's Convention Center where its refered to the Camping and RV Show. That is where you can book sites in advance and save some good money. Those vendors should hit both events as there is good traffic at both for the RV folks.

We ended up buying an inflatable Stand Up Paddle board from one of the vendors that appeared on Shark Tank. Its about 25lbs all rolled up. I'm excited that we will have something cool for the kids this summer.

Thanks, Joe
2011 Expedition 5.4L 4x4 Limited
2018 Highland Ridge 275 Light
Semper Fi
JoeyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #2

I haven`t been to the McCormick Place Boat Show in a long time. probably because the couple of times I was there they only had a handful of RV`s, and mostly because it is downtown. we always go to the Rosemont show. that is the big RV show show for the chicagoland area. although in the last few years it has been scaled back due to the economy. we will be there agin this year and look forward to it.

We always find something we want, but not TT`s anymore. now we want a Class A or C with the bunk slide! I am always amazed that we can leave without buying anything.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat