Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #1

Cold Bathroom! - Tracer 2670BHS

Went camping this past weekend and the temperatures dropped at night to about 30's. The camper stayed very comfortable but the bathroom was extremely cold! There is one vent under the tub but it seems like very little air comes out and it doesn't get hardly warm at all.

Any ideas?

Dwayne
dapersico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #2

I wondered about that. We have the same one vent. Last camping trip we were on the temps got down in the low 50's, but the bathroom was still OK.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapersico View Post
the bathroom was extremely cold!

Dwayne

Plug in an electric heater.

We always use electric heaters as much as the sites' service will allow and only run the furnace if necessary. It's very difficult to balance the temperature throughout the camper using the furnace as the only source.

I'm assuming that you also have the bathroom roof vent open a bit.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapersico View Post
Went camping this past weekend and the temperatures dropped at night to about 30's. The camper stayed very comfortable but the bathroom was extremely cold! There is one vent under the tub but it seems like very little air comes out and it doesn't get hardly warm at all.

Any ideas?

Dwayne
Are you sure it's a heat vent? It should have a flex duct attached to it. If so it may have come apart. I've seen some that were actually used as an access to the trap and leaving it open helped to keep the trap from freezing during cold weather camping.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Are you sure it's a heat vent? It should have a flex duct attached to it. If so it may have come apart. I've seen some that were actually used as an access to the trap and leaving it open helped to keep the trap from freezing during cold weather camping.

Good point.

Had that in our Rockwood 2605 TT. There was a removable vent cover on the lower wall of the tub enclosure that was access to valves for the low point drains.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #6

Daper,

We have the 2670 also and our bathroom is the coldest part of the travel trailer while running the air conditioner or furnace. I do get a pretty good amount of heat coming out of the vent you're referring to while running the furnace, but I leave the ceiling vent cracked at all times. For us, a little colder works as it keeps my lovely wife from falling asleep on the toilet!
2 Wilderness Systems Kayaks
Nights Spent Camping in 2011 (19), 2012 (16)
https://www.armadillotimes.com
HondoPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

You might have to leave the bathroom door open at night. We do, to keep our bathroom warm. No heat vents in it at all, and when the door is shut, it stays cold.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondoPatrick View Post
Daper,

We have the 2670 also and our bathroom is the coldest part of the travel trailer while running the air conditioner or furnace. I do get a pretty good amount of heat coming out of the vent you're referring to while running the furnace, but I leave the ceiling vent cracked at all times. For us, a little colder works as it keeps my lovely wife from falling asleep on the toilet!
That's funny, had to look twice to see if I was in the Jokes and Humor section....
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:01 AM   #9
2012 Tracer 2670

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondoPatrick View Post
Daper,

I have same model. When furnace is on, cool air blows out from the vent under tub. Anyone know of a fix?
BuffaloOkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #10
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloOkies View Post
I have same model. When furnace is on, cool air blows out from the vent under tub. Anyone know of a fix?
I wonder if the flex line that's attached to that outlet is insulated? or the insulation is missing allowing the cold to drop the temperature of the air coming out of the duct? Is the flex duct visible anywhere?

to the Forums. I'm sure someone with the same unit will have a solution for you.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I wonder if the flex line that's attached to that outlet is insulated? or the insulation is missing allowing the cold to drop the temperature of the air coming out of the duct? Is the flex duct visible anywhere?

to the Forums. I'm sure someone with the same unit will have a solution for you.
It looks like it goes into the insulated underbelly of the camper. Barely any air comes out. I wonder if it got crushed or something...
dapersico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #12

Hello all its my first time here.
just bought a new 2012 2670BHS had a few small issues but recently went out for 2 weeks in the bush and found this same issue.

I think the vent is losing heat due to the duct running thru the under belly?
this weekend i think i will block off every other vent and see if it helps?

please hope someone figures this out

thanks TJ
tjwc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #13

We noticed the bathroom in our Tracer 2670 BHS was cold when the temperatures started to drop. Not much heat coming out of the vent below the tub. We just left the door open when not in use and the temperature equalized. I never thought of opening the roof vent slightly.

TravelTracer
Old 11-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #14

Lacrosse 318bhs

My 318 does not have any heat ducts. The back bunkroom is very warm while the bathroom is cold. We keep the door open at night.