Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #1

Colored Front Cap?

Hi All,
We are new to this forum but so glad we found it. We are interested in the 298BHD Crusader. There is one on the way to our local dealership and we noticed that it has the colored front cap. Wondering if anyone knows if this is just paint or is the hardwall actually colored? We are concerned with rock chips and such as black is so bad for showing every little nick.
Alberta Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #2

Can't help you with your question but wanted to welcome you to the forums!! I'm sure that someone here will be able to help you.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #3

Can' t help you... but I am sure PT will assist in your concerns. The front cap of a 5er is pretty high. I do not think that you would need to be concerned.
There are other trailers that are dark without problems...like the Caliber.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #4

I believe it's painted. Wouldn't worry about stones getting that high....it's a nice bug catcher though. Welcome to the forum!!!!!!
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
Commercial Member

The dark brown is a colored GEL. It's a replacement for the white GEL typically put on a front cap. It will still scratch like a white cap but it would have to be a pretty severe scratch to penetrate thru the colored GEL into the fiberglass below. Chipping should not be an issue since it's not a "layer" of paint on the exterior.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #6

Thank you so much for all of the responses and especially to RV Guy. We took another look at the 298BHD today and were extremely happy and decided to make the big purchase!!! There were a few questions that our salesman couldn't answer so he fired a few emails to Chris at Prime Time who responded to our questions within minutes!!! Keep in mind this is a Sunday afternoon!! This is our fourth RV and I can tell you that we have never ever had customer service that comes even close to this!!!
We were told our unit has been built and just needs to be shipped. Pretty excited for its arrival just in time for May Long Weekend!!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #7

to the forum and congrats on the new 5'er.

Glad to have you as a proud Prime Time Crew Member!

PT's customer service can't be beat. Hopefully you won't need them, but all new trailers seem to need to get a few bugs worked out. I'm sure PT will be more than helpful.

Godd luck and happy camping!

P.S. Be sure to post some pics when you get it. Especially that front cap!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #8

Congrats!
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bound View Post
Thank you so much for all of the responses and especially to RV Guy. We took another look at the 298BHD today and were extremely happy and decided to make the big purchase!!! There were a few questions that our salesman couldn't answer so he fired a few emails to Chris at Prime Time who responded to our questions within minutes!!! Keep in mind this is a Sunday afternoon!! This is our fourth RV and I can tell you that we have never ever had customer service that comes even close to this!!!
We were told our unit has been built and just needs to be shipped. Pretty excited for its arrival just in time for May Long Weekend!!
I started looking at PT in February and between then and 2 weeks ago i had over 60 emails exchanged with Chris answering questions and such. I am positive he breathed a very large sigh of relief when we put an order in for a 298BHD. The customer service was a huge reason we went with PT.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #10

I can attest to the WONDERFUL customer service. We purchased a 320RLT on March 21st. We ordered it the end of January. We ordered the painted cap but our salesperson didn't put that in the order, but I couldn't be happier with the Crusader. We had a door that was bent. I talke to Brandon on Monday night and the door was here Friday. The door was installed today. Brandon and Jeff have been wonderful. I think you will be really happy with the Crusader I know we are!!

Brian, Kellie, Breanna & Alyssa
2011 Crusader 320RLT
BC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #11

I am also new to the forum. I am picking up my new 290RLT on Saturday. Is the brown cap now the standard? Did you have to specify that you wanted white as an option? This really changes the look of the outside. I still like it, but it is taking some getting use to.
Mikecdrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #12

Hi Mikecdrd,
The brown cap is an option that the dealer orders the trailer with. On our spec sheet it is listed as an upgrade. The white cap I belive is still the standard. It will take some getting used to for us also but we too thought it was tasteful looking.