Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #1

condensation or leak in corners?????

i just pulled my 2014 tracer 2670 up to camp yesterday... it rained during the night...got down to around 35 degrees last night and of course i have the heat on.. i noticed this morning that some of the corner walls had some water on it... specificaly the back corners of the bunks.. along that whole corner in the bunks it was wet... i also noticed this on the corner of my slide out.. i do have a topper on the slide out.. is this possible that this is just condensation since we have the heat on and its been cold out? i have two more months left on my warranty and just paid $3000 for my seasonal campsite. im three hours away from my dealer and really hate to tow it way back down there if its just condensation...anyway to tell if its leaking?
If it is leaking, what does primetime do? i assume its a big job to find this leak and fix it, and im assuming i will lose most of this camping season, will primetime reimburse me my site that i just paid for? i know im probably just jumping the gun, but this seasonal site took me 8 months to finally pay it off and i hate to now lose it..... thanks..
yankeeslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:11 AM   #2

If your using your propane furnace it is a moist heat and condensation will form in the colder areas of your unit usually on the windows and such.
I would wipe the area clean and buy an electric heater for heat if it is included in your pad rent, saves the propane as well.
Keep an eye on it when it rains and see if anything is visible. Pull the sleeping bags or blankets away from the wall to dry and keep air moving.
When it stops raining have a look on the outside to see if anything looks out of place. Look at night in the dark with the light on inside it will help to show holes or places water could possibly enter.

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:36 AM   #3

condenastion or leak in corners?????

Certainly PT would not reimburse you for your pad rent (no manufacturer would). Water intrusion is certainly a p1 concern. If you are taking it to a dealer
Make sure they have a seal tech unit. These are really the only way to properly detect leaks. It may be condensation (above was good advice to get electric heater also you must crack a vent to allow condensate to escape) but you want to establish that quickly so as to avoid wood rot and use your warranty. If the moisture is uniform across the wall I would suspect condensation. A leak is more likely to flow down and saturate the floor.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
Site Team

circulate the air in your unit

Had what sounds like the same issue on my 2670. Open the roof vent crack and or open a window. I used to leave the a/c fan on low as well. No problems then.
Have you check your seals and roof yet this year?

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:21 PM   #5
Plain Old Member

Also, you can use a dehumidifier. That will rid of 100% of the condensation problem. Hadn't had a window, wall, or anything else sweat since we put ours in. That's with wet towels hanging, gas heat going etc.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak