Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #21

Is this a dual tuner single tv box or a dual tuner / dual tv box?.....what is the model number? Does it have a coax tv output at all???
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #22

It is a 722, I believe. It has only one coax output. It is the channel 21-69 or house distribution output. Right now I can only get the same channel in the bedroom that is showing in the living room. The second receiver does not even show it has a satelite lock. Since there is only one sat in cable that is split between the two receivers, how can one have a locked signal and the other does not?
2007 Tundra CM 5.7
Reese Dual Cam
jjarrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #23

i've tried different wiring configurations on my receiver 722 with ZERO luck. i finally said screw it. one tv has dish, the other is cable/dvd/video games. i still wonder if it is even possible with the winegard carryout. BUT alas, i ain't too worried about it. but it'd be nice to know.
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarrard View Post
It is a 722, I believe. It has only one coax output. It is the channel 21-69 or house distribution output. Right now I can only get the same channel in the bedroom that is showing in the living room. The second receiver does not even show it has a satelite lock. Since there is only one sat in cable that is split between the two receivers, how can one have a locked signal and the other does not?
you should be getting a lock on both tuners? if not, tv 2 is never going to work on tuner 2. just run the trailer cable straight to the dish triplexer, and then your tv 2 straight to the home dist coax output....i think the default channel is 60, but you can go into settings and change that in the modulator setup. ALSO make sure you have your reciever set to duo mode and not single, or you will always see tuner 1 programming on both tvs....

if your getting a signal on tuner one, thats 90 percent of the battle!! next make sure you get signal on BOTH tuners.....THEN run the home dist straight to your tv2...THEN make sure you are in duo mode...THEN if you arent getting a picture check menu 6 1 5 for modulator settings, THEN try scanning your tv channels in case its not defaulted to channel 60..remember it needs to be on antenna, not cable when you scan. also the lower channel numbers tend to have better pic quality.

at this point thats all i can think of??? with the wingard carryout, if it cannot tune both 110 and 119 sat signals SIMULTANEOUSLY, you will have issues with half your channels while trying to run a dual tuner setup...

good luck....
Old 08-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #25

ironj,
i'm satisfied with the winegard carryout right now. it is pulling in at least 94% of the channels i have at home. or at least it seems as such based on the program guide. but anyways, the main things for me is Texas Rangers Baseball and Fox News. as long as i got them two, momma is happy therefore daddy is happy....
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKyle View Post
ironj,
i'm satisfied with the winegard carryout right now. it is pulling in at least 94% of the channels i have at home. or at least it seems as such based on the program guide. but anyways, the main things for me is Texas Rangers Baseball and Fox News. as long as i got them two, momma is happy therefore daddy is happy....
no, the wingard is a great unit...we used one for tailgaiting and had no issues. I was more referring to the fact that some of the ones with auto setup only have ONE eye and thus can only tune to ONE sat feed at a time. THis is fine with just one tuner, but if you have two tuners, and are trying to watch a channel on the 110 feed on one tv and a channel on the 119 feed on another with the second tuner, well...your just outta luck..it will just give you a no signal......

the main reason i even wanted sat was so i could watch the rangers games when we travel!!! LOL...but i would say that about half the time i end up using the sling feature from my box at home and just running a hdmi cable from my pad or phone to whatever tv im watching...LOL.. sometimes when traveling we run into blackout issues...not so with the sling from home!! plus i can watch my local weather and news too.....well..as long as i have cell service or wireless....

Old 08-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #27

I do have the house distribution output connected to tv2. I also have the modulator and channels right. I can't seem to get any signal to receiver 2. I still have not given up!
2007 Tundra CM 5.7
Reese Dual Cam
Old 08-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #28

you indicated at one point you got the signal from tuner one right?? however you had that connected was correct....make sure you have sat locks for all inputs on tuner 1 and tuner 2 in the point dish menu....and reciever in duo mode....if you dont have locks on both and are not set to duo it will not work...everything else sounds right...
Old 08-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #29

What indicater light is lit on the front of the receiver?...Single mode or duo? ironj could be a tech with the info he has provided. You must be in duo mode for it to work correctly and then choose your channel(on "air") that you will use to tune TV2.
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #30

Connecting Dual Receiver in my lacrosse Cont.

I will try again today. I have never been able to get a signal to receiver 2. I don`t understand since I have a lock on tuner 1. I have been acquiring satelite 61.5. I can watch satelite on both sets, but only on the channel selected at tuner 1. I do have the receiver set to dual mode. When I run a TV 2 channel search, the signal comes up on a high channel. I believe it was 113 or so. I tried both air and cable modulator settings. It is not a huge deal, but I am so close. I like the portability of the single LNB Winegard HD-1, but may look for used Dish Network dual LNB dish and tripod in the future. The Tailgater and Winegard auto tuning dishes only lock on a single satelite at the time. I want ot reinstall the fireplace and move on to other things. We are leaving for GA Vets State Park at lake Blackshear next Wednesday morning! I appreciate your inputs. I must be missing something!
2007 Tundra CM 5.7
Reese Dual Cam
Old 08-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarrard View Post
I will try again today. I have never been able to get a signal to receiver 2. I don`t understand since I have a lock on tuner 1. I have been acquiring satelite 61.5. I can watch satelite on both sets, but only on the channel selected at tuner 1. I do have the receiver set to dual mode. When I run a TV 2 channel search, the signal comes up on a high channel. I believe it was 113 or so. I tried both air and cable modulator settings. It is not a huge deal, but I am so close. I like the portability of the single LNB Winegard HD-1, but may look for used Dish Network dual LNB dish and tripod in the future. The Tailgater and Winegard auto tuning dishes only lock on a single satelite at the time. I want ot reinstall the fireplace and move on to other things. We are leaving for GA Vets State Park at lake Blackshear next Wednesday morning! I appreciate your inputs. I must be missing something!
i was referring to the actual tv unit scannig for channels in antenna mode...but now that i see you have a single winegard lnb, that is more than likely your problem....single lnb will run one tuner.....should work, but you will only be able to use tuner one and watch same program on both tv..what you need is a dual lnb like a dish pro plus with the switch built in to stack both 110/119 sat feeds down one cable.....its been a lOOOOONg time since i messed with a wingard....lol..but if memory serves me right, the single lnb wingard cant handle more than one "tuner"....