Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #1

Connecting a Dual Dish Receiver to Run 2 Seys in my Lacrosse

I finally upgraded to Dish HD receivers. The new receivers will run two TVs per unit. How can I run the living room and bedroom sets from one receiver? I would enjoy having the satelite signal in the bedroom/outside if possible without givng up the ability to use my antenna. Do I need a switch to provide parallel inputs? A schematic would be nice! Thanks!

2007 Tundra CM 5.7
Reese Dual Cam
jjarrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarrard View Post
I finally upgraded to Dish HD receivers. The new receivers will run two TVs per unit. How can I run the living room and bedroom sets from one receiver? I would enjoy having the satelite signal in the bedroom/outside if possible without givng up the ability to use my antenna. Do I need a switch to provide parallel inputs? A schematic would be nice! Thanks!
Don't have the HD, but at the house we just use a splitter with 2 remotes. A no 1 remote for the tv where the box is and a no. 2 for the other.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarrard
Your dish hd tuner should have an antenna on it correct?
Old 07-19-2012, 05:48 AM   #4

Yes, the receiver has a small antenna on it. It also has a splitter that provides dual inputs from the carry out dish.
2007 Tundra CM 5.7
Reese Dual Cam
Old 07-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #5

I do not have the HD Receiver but my dish 322 receiver has two connections on the back for the two tv's. You should be able to connect without a problem, thats assuming you have two coax cables one from each tv.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjarrard
Yes, the receiver has a small antenna on it. It also has a splitter that provides dual inputs from the carry out dish.
Ok since you have an antenna you only need 1 reciever for 2 tvs.

Main tv uses reciever the other tv gets signal via uhf.

Main cable comes in from sat and goes to back of reciever.
On the back of the reciever you'll need two short cables coming out of the 2 sat in inputs then a diplexer scs-2a .
Your sat cable goes to that.
Then hdmi cable goes from reciever to main tv.
Then you have to configure 2 tvs in settings so that you can run two different tvs from one reciever.
You also should have 2 remotes.
Remote 1 is for main tv
And remote two is for secondary tv.

I believe second is set on channel 60.

Clear as mud?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #7

That is exactly how my box is setup as far as inside the trailer, but let me note a few things...

1. I dont know which carryout dish you have, but in order to receive full channel functionality on both "tuners" your dish will need to be able to tune ALL THREE sat feeds at once (ie feed 110,119,and129) just like your home mounted dish does. If not, or you are using a carryout that auto tunes itself to ONLY one sat feed, you will not have full channel lineup on both tuners.

2. I ended up using a residential style dish with three outputs run to a dp44 switch THEN the switch plugged into the lacrosse trailer outside input.

3. Ended up having to add an additional splitter between the antenna booster plate because signal quality was crappy in bunkhouse tv....

I think thats it.....im running 4tvs off the single dual tuner box (vip 922)

Good luck sir !
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #8

Please explain exactly where the splitter at the antenna booster is connected. Is this just a splitter or is it also a switch? In the past, my sat in only fed the living room TV. I need to send the satelite signal to the other TVs. Thanks!
2007 Tundra CM 5.7
Reese Dual Cam
Old 07-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #9

Ok, the problem was that when i fed the dish signal back through the plate i had poor reception on other tv's. My plate is the type that has 2 inputs on back (one sat and one cable), and one output to feed the other tvs. Basically the splitter i am referring to allows me to backfeed the dish coax output DIRECTLY to the tv feed line. Effectively bypassing the switch/antenna booster at the plate, but allowing the internal plate switch to still work as intended. Obviously i cannot feed both sat and cable/antenna at same time, so other tvs have to be use same source...it is a nice setup for our needs.
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #10
DS ADV Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
..... On the back of the reciever you'll need two short cables coming out of the 2 sat in inputs then a diplexer scs-2a .
Your sat cable goes to that.
Then hdmi cable goes from reciever to main tv. ..... Clear as mud?
Just saw this post after I asked a similar question in the "Tech - Appliances & Electronics" Forum today.

My sat provider (Shaw Direct TV in Alberta) requires 2 cables from the dish to the receiver (Motorola HDPVR 630) and the receiver will only display alternate channels if a single input is used. If I connect only to the 2nd input, the "missing" channels are displayed. Provider says you cannot use a "switch" to common the two dish cables into the single exterior connector. My trailer is a 2012 LaCrosse 301RLS and has 2 exterior TV inputs - one marked "Satellite" and one maked "Cable". My '04 Grand Surveyor had a single coax connector and my Bell ExpressVu Sat would NOT work on it. I needed to run a Sat Coax from the dish directly to the receiver (via a storage hatch).

I Googled "diplexer scs-2a" but it seemed to be more for operating extra TV sets from the receiver output. Your suggestion seems to be EXACTLY what I need unless I'm misunderstanding what you are saying.

Can you clarify if we are talking about the same issue?
Thanks