Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #1

Connecting Satellite Receiver

I just bought a Winegard MP-1. I cannot find instructions for connecting the satelite receiver to the TT. I know there is a separate outlet in the docking center for satelite and cable hookups. I am not sure where the coax from the dish receiver plugs into the trailer. Has anyone else done this on their Lacrosse yet?
2007 Tundra CM 5.7
Reese Dual Cam
jjarrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #2

Satelite TV Connections

As you mentioned, the dish connects into the multi-connections centre with the water, etc. The receiver goes in the cupboard above the fireplace and the connection is in to the right of the fireplace, wires can be fed up through the wire hole in the shelf of the cupboard. I marked the connectors after testing to find out which one is "satelite" and which one is "cable". With some short jumper connectors you also can feed the output of the receiver back to the Bedroom and outside connectors. Very well done by PT, I did not have to do any internal wiring.
Hensley Arrow Hitch
Average 50-60 nights/yr
Walke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #3

Hook the dish coax to the satellite connection in the docking station. There should be a separate satellite hookup in the entertainment center also. Connect a coax from that connection to the back of your receiver. Then, the "out" coax (or red, white and yellow or HDMI) cable(s) to the television.

Hope this helps.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #4

Can someone diagram this? I'm having problems envisioning what to do when I get our portable Directv setup.

1. Hook into the docking station the satellite feed
2. Does the outside outlet then become whatever feed you give it above the entertainment?
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #5

we also have one of those nifty little dishes at our perminate camp site it was easy to set up and hook up we have dish net great combimation enjoy
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017
Can someone diagram this? I'm having problems envisioning what to do when I get our portable Directv setup.

1. Hook into the docking station the satellite feed
2. Does the outside outlet then become whatever feed you give it above the entertainment?
Here is a diagram on how to set up your satellite receiver. There is a splitter behind main cable port. From there you can hook up you tv outside or in the bedroom or bunk room. This is how i got my dish to operate the tv outside. Hope the pic helps. Also this is just for standard definition boxes. I don't think HD boxes have a regular coaxial output. Please excuse my chicken scratch. Also the switch on the main jack has to be off. (I think lol)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3149987171.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	7567
]
[SIGPIC]
skgeorgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skgeorgy View Post
Here is a diagram on how to set up your satellite receiver. There is a splitter behind main cable port. From there you can hook up you tv outside or in the bedroom or bunk room. This is how i got my dish to operate the tv outside. Hope the pic helps. Also this is just for standard definition boxes. I don't think HD boxes have a regular coaxial output. Please excuse my chicken scratch. Also the switch on the main jack has to be off. (I think lol)

Attachment 7567

That is correct, High Def. receivers do not have coax out to TV (at least with Directv). That's why I installed a separate satellite hook up in the docking station for the bedroom and a corresponding wall plate in the bedroom for the receiver "in". My sat dish is HD and has four LNB cables. I use one for the living area and one for the bedroom and I bring 2 receivers.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #8

I got the satelite dish aimed correctly and now have satelite TV in the Lacrosse. So far, I have only viewed satelite #119. how can I determine the azmuth and elevation of the other two satelites and which channels are only available through them?Thanks!
2007 Tundra CM 5.7
Reese Dual Cam
jjarrard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite